UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I wonder how many people in the future protests (of which there will be), fall within the bracket of 40% who didnt vote, just didnt bother?

2 Likes

Well i think if “none of the above” was added to the card you’d probably get a record turn out.

1 Like

FFS England / Scotland sort yourselves out.

Not a single Conservative MP in Wales. Leading the way again.

Reform got a smidge under 17% of the vote worryingly, pretty much equal with the Tories. But they’ve succeeded in killing off any right wing MP’s by doing so.

Could be a fascinating dynamic in the Senedd now.

4 Likes

Labour won 65% of seats off 34% of the vote. Labour supporters still wanting PR?

2 Likes

https://x.com/mattcoyney/status/1808984296230638010?t=Z_yx0zzxiHtn7Kjx9zS-qA&s=19

HAHAHAHA

5 Likes

Labour have never been in favour of PR.

1 Like

I suspect that they will be after the next GE.

Famous speech in Doctor Who, which I believe @Klopptimist has quoted before:

When you’ve killed all the bad guys, and it’s all perfect and just and fair, when you have finally got it exactly the way you want it, what are you going to do with the people like you? The troublemakers. How are you going to protect your glorious revolution from the next one?

3 Likes

Id like to say yes but I’m looking at the Reform vote share and shying away from it.

They actually had a greater share if the vote in Wales than Plaid.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Would love the narrative right now to be about Labour/LD/Green negotiations for forming a coalition government.

4 Likes

Labour party members have. The leadership is opposed:

3 Likes

Scary that Farage’s mob got more votes than SNP, Plaid Cymru and Greens combined

4 Likes

According to Rory Stewart, he had to stop Alistair Campbell from throttling Nadine Dorries. It’s a pity, because that would have made for excellent television.

7 Likes

With SNP losing, independence would probably be something that will not be brought up anytime soon?

But he does get stupid people to follow him as Maria said. There’s been plenty of racists who haven’t got the following that Farage has managed

3 Likes

They got more than the LibDems…

More than 2,555 residents in my constituency voted Reform :see_no_evil: :sob:

1 Like

That could be good. With PR the Greens would have 46 seats, but Reform would have about 175. Crazy to think how an electoral system has such massive impact

2 Likes

Not what he said…

Over 6k in mine… for a guy who was dropped by Reform a week ago for having been a member of the BNP :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Was asking Labour supporters here, not Sir Kier