UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

It pays the bills.

Don’t you fucking judge me.

4 Likes

Corbyn was a minor irritation at most, but this was eminently winnable from a former Conservative leader, no less.

Is Ed Miliband an MP. I see he has been made Energy Secretary.

1 Like

He didn’t really have, or need a strategy.
From day one of the campaign it was clear to everyone that Labour would win, and given how awful the Tories have been it wasn’t as convincing a win as many hoped.

Regarding changing the narrative, well it’s a behavioural trait he’s shown throughout the campaign, flip flopping on a whim.

They may be good people he’s put into key positions, and I hope for the sake of the country’s recovery that their appointments work well.

He should be mindful of their strengths and ambitions though, he strikes me as weak, and weak people tend to be overthrown.

I’d bet good money that he won’t be leading Labour into the next election.

My questionis, how will Starmer deal with Reform MPs? They are a dangerous and vocal group. They are there to cause chaos. They took a good chunk of Labour and Conservative voters. How will he win over those people who voted for Reform?

1 Like

For all those like @cynicaloldgit, we now have an MP who was born in 2002.

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Emma “Tory girl” Barnett sounds absolutely gutted on Radio 4 this morning.

Good.

3 Likes

There are five of them. They would be utterly irrelevant if if weren’t for the media’s agenda.

6 Likes

So Starmer is actually appointing people who are qualified and knowledgable to cabinate roles?

What a fucking joke #StarmerOut

6 Likes

I’ll have a hundred thousand with you.

Put your money where your mouth is.

1 Like

This is where a strong, articulate and smart Speaker of the House is key. Get someone that can call Fassist Farage and his cohorts out for their idiocy, but is also able to reign them in and get them to keep their gobs shut will be important.

Who that person is, I have no idea - others may have ideas if they know the various mp’s

4 Likes

I will, with a bookmaker.
Not some anonymous miserable old codger on a football forum.

True,they should be a few mice squawking in a black hole but the media will do their best to keep them relevant.
However,when Fartage loses interest as he will, they may as well.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Can I have some of that? :joy:

1 Like

Farage won’t lose interest. He won’t actually do any work but, as long as he is bankrolled by his rich neoliberal friends, he will continue to put his ugly mug out there.

4 Likes

Are you putting him on the same level as me?

I’m insulted.

5 Likes

more in the same ball park.

Like how Zidane and Djimmi Traore are both Champions League winners, although you would not compare them on any sort of individual level :wink:

3 Likes

Djimi.

Show some respect to a club legend.

6 Likes
4 Likes