UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Presumably its performative. There was plenty of detail provided at the Budget both by the then government and OBR’s report?

FIFY

3 Likes

Possibly, but if you take Reeves’ words at face value this is about understanding the state of the UK’s finances suggesting there’s more that needs to be revealed.

Of course it could all be politicking as well. “Look at the shambles they’ve left us”

This is an interesting point made by a Poole resident.

https://x.com/chrisodgers/status/1810603628618477886?t=drzHQLBrhRAXa2bC6zX6AQ&s=09

2 Likes

But without Reform, or even Ukip, the Tories still win.

3 Likes

Good riddance.

6 Likes

Good riddance? She’s still an MP.

One of the saddest stories about this past election is that the trio of Sunak, Patel, and Braverman are still MPs.

3 Likes

Lib Dems got 5500 - it just isnt captured on the screen shot.

I agree and think while families may have moved there from London and perhaps voted Labour its worth comparing to the 2019 results where Labour still polled 10k. Lib Dems around 7k at that time.

UK Parliament election results: Election for the constituency of Poole on 12 December 2019.

1 Like

Good riddance to the Tories, I meant. And at least she’s no longer in the Cabinet.

3 Likes

Imagine getting that upset about a fucking flag.

3 Likes

Still a few tory loonies held onto their seats. I just went through the list. Yeah, they’re not coming back to the centre ground yet.

Names include,
Braverman
Dowden
Jenrick
Francois
McVey
Patel
Swayne
Williamson.

Mr. Blair,

Why have you started yapping again? Please fuck off.

Regards

3 Likes

Have you ever visited Northern Ireland? It’s A FLEG!

2 Likes

It’s a fucking lunatic strategy, because

1. They might peel of some reform voters, but they are going to repulse as many existing Tories as they’ll impress Reform voters.

2. A lot of Reform voters are balls deep now. They ain’t coming back. It’s a cult.

3. Farage wants the limelight, and he will kick out against any attempt to bring him into the fold that doesn’t centre him. He can’t be appeased.

4 Likes

I’d put Badenoch in with that lot.

3 Likes

“OK everyone, going to take a quick photo, just the white folks on this one please…”

How the hell did I forget her?

1 Like

I can see one or two of those jumping the fence to Reform to be honest. Jenrick and Francois for example.

Context is important. Black people are a minority in this country and rightfully proud of increasing representation. Not sure what the message of just the white MP’s in a photo would be, but it doesn’t feel wholesome.

5 Likes

Exactly.