UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Storming the capitol is a fact and a crime. But sore losers are sore losers. No such thing as “more” sore losers or bad losers. Both parties do not know how to accept losses.

Feel free to believe whatever you want, but you are totally wrong on that account. They are not the same, and the outcome will not be the same for the US and the rest of the world if Trump comes to power.

4 Likes

We do have plenty of Americans based in Singapore, in commerce and in military. I just performed comedy to a whole group of American sailors in Singapore. So unlike what some people think we do have a very open media here in Singapore

There is a huge difference between expressing your dissatisfaction in a tweet and taking part in a violent insurrection.
Why is it even necessary to say that?

4 Likes

Of course I will and I believe from the outside, just maybe, I see better and fairer than people who are so vested and blinded in their own ideology.

I’m from the outside too as you know. :wink:

I did not say there is no difference in the action and whether it is a crime. I only say that both parties are the same when it comes to being sore losers.

And in any case, I posted in this thread mainly to commend that at least the politicians were gracious in accepting losses based on what I see in the opening of the parliament a few days ago. And like what BeKloppt said, yes thats democracy. You have an election, you lose, just be gracious.

But they clearly aren’t.
There is an obvious difference between taking part in a deadly riot and typing on a keyboard.
There has never been, in either of our lifetimes, a violent assault on the seat of government by Democrats seeking to overturn a lawful election.

This has nothing to do with bias, it’s just a fact.

3 Likes

Bloody foreigners.

Each time I see trump rumbling to power due to his bullshit rhetoric, it reminds of a poem I heard years ago - Puppets
Problem is, a lot of people tend to have short memories, when it comes to the horrors, human beings are capable of toward each other - Some is directed by governing bodies, other atrocities, simply because a lot of people, are just pure evil…!
Anyway, here is an updated version of the poem - careful though, it is quite dark

2 Likes

First government U-turn? A welcome one though.

3 Likes

I think it was always a strong chance that an incoming Labour Government would scrap it even though it had said it wouldn’t during the pre-election campaign trail.

3 Likes

Holy fuck. The tories had literally stopped asylum cases being processed. I thought they were still doing that allbeit at a severly declined rate. Costs were predicted to be eye watering.

Something in my mind tells me several legal lines were crossed with this.

2 Likes

https://x.com/sturdyAlex/status/1815135754642960779

3 Likes

Interesting. £10bn planned expenditure over next 6 years on the Rwanda Scheme, apparently not disclosed to parliament. £700m spent so far. How much of that planned spend is covered in the government’s accounts and can now be freed up for spending on other things?

4 Likes

I mean that is the start of the grift. The non processed asylum seekers are being housed in run down hotels at the taxpayers expense. Who is profiting from that? Follow the money.

5 Likes

Who is TP? Didn’t even the Tories admit that Truss’ policies were, in fact, a disaster?

2 Likes

I am always very curious about asylum policies. I always knew Europe has a very compassionate policy towards asylum seekers but could anyone point me to which country has a very comprehensive asylum policy? Because it’s not just about taking them in, isn’t it? As we can see, taking in huge numbers of asylum seekers without having a comprehensive plan to house them properly, integrate them by ensuring they can sustain themselves through work or basic education for the children and eventually be living amongst everyone else in a community as part of the greater society…

It seems right now, they are just being absorbed, no plans, so these people get agitated and some resort to crimes etc…its great to be compassionate but true compassion requires actions beyond just taking them in. Don’t do it just because you are supposed to.

This was always on,a lot of unrest among Labour over retaining it.

1 Like