UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

It’s going really well, isn’t it?

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m on holiday. What’s happened?

Train drivers get pay rise settlement.

Train drivers announce new series of strikes for September
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Shit timing, but isn’t there a limit on the minimum notice of strikes? The first day of the strikes is 01 September, which means announcing them now is probably as late as it gets.

Shit PR as well, because reading about it, it seems to be about industrial relations rather than pay?

1 Like

Look at who led the government negotiations.
Former shop steward, with a strong trade union upbringing.
ASLEF must’ve thought they’d won the lottery when this loose cannon turned up at the negotiating table.

What does that have to do with my point? These are separate issues. The pay deal was across the whole industry and many companies, while this is about issues specific to LNER.

1 Like

I wasn’t addressing your point

1 Like

He’s just an ordinary bloke, him.

5 Likes

The fairy tale of our times.

Most of theat is what he gets paid for his hosting role on GB News.

If getting paid to sprout shite was a genuine option, I bet a fair number on TAN would be extremely well off :wink:

3 Likes

It seems that hateful shit is the profitable kind. Harmless uninformed slightly amusing shit doesn’t pay well at all.

1 Like

So how the hell has Michael McIntyre managed to do so well?

4 Likes

That also accounts for why Jeremy Clarkson occasionally shifts from his amusing, bumbling oaf persona, to the red-faced, foaming-at-the-mouth hate-merchant. It’s all down to who is signing off the cheque that week.

4 Likes

Didn’t we all go to Dulwich College, work in the City and host shows on the telly for £1m p.a.?

3 Likes

I didn’t mention unctuous.

1 Like

Is anyone familiar with Stephen Yaxley-Lennon???

Think he’s a fugitive criminal?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, yes. He’s a well known hate monger and grifter who is followed by a bunch of knuckle dragging goons.

4 Likes

According to the BBC, accounts that were mostly geolocated to India drove this trend of sharing videos on social media about alleged attacks on Hindu minorities in Bangladesh. They say that these posts have been shared by multiple accounts, many of which support Hindu-nationalist values.

This says it all.

2 Likes

Yes, he’s better known in England as Tommy Robinson. As @redalways wrote, he is currently on the run abroad as an ongoing court case was expected to find him guilty for showing a video that he had previously been banned from showing, at a recent rally that was known to be factually wrong, in order to whip up hate.

3 Likes