UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Is that the dude whose mates got done as a bunch of pedos, so changed his name to allow himself to go on a rant about other cultures being pedos?

1 Like

Sounds like it.

That’s real two-tier policing.

4 Likes

As per usual, the right-wing tropes are correct, just misidentifying the victims.

Just like cancel culture.

3 Likes

I’m a bit late to react here, but to say afterwards “Sorry, I made a mistake”, is just not good enough.
Imo, she should receive the Cersei - treatment, it would be appropriate, since a lot of people got injured because of her recklessness.

Phone in on Radio 2 today, talking about prisons.
Caller said he thinks its unfair that inmates are being treated like criminals.

The world is fucked

6 Likes

She up in court next month - Might be getting jail time :+1:

4 Likes

Perfect headline to rile up the right-wing…

3 Likes

Oh behave…

https://x.com/ToryWipeout/status/1825913585597301146?t=5etMPY3FXBixYXIv4N1dOg&s=19

1 Like

The 20mph is fine in principle. It was rolled out poorly and suffers from some properly shit speed limit configurations in areas which should probably be addressed.

But these lemons fail to realise or perhaps refuse to mention, 20mph has been in existence in the UK already. Parts of Glasgow has it, every town and village i passed through, or visited north of Glasgow a couple of weeks ago has 20mph zones.

Also current accident statistics support the speed reduction.

3 Likes

I thought the speed limits themselves were fine when we visited Wales in the summer. Unfortunately, my sat nav appeared to be unaware of the changes.

What I did find awkward was that it reversed the convention that applies to the rest of the UK (and most other countries) in that it applies the lower limit by default and then has parts of roads marked at 30mph all the way down. The roads in Scotland (and where I live in Germany) have the lower 20mph limits very obviously marked, which rather makes the point that there may be unseen hazards.

2 Likes

Cracking stuff from Feargal Sharkey:

I may well join the rally in October.

3 Likes

What a story arc that man has had.

1 Like

Story arc? You mean what we used to refer to as “life”? :thinking:

1 Like

Strong NPC energy this one.

What does his Perfect Cousin think about our waterways?

2 Likes

I shouldn’t laugh. It’s nice to see a former musician getting involved in the issues that affect our lives. He has A Good Heart.

3 Likes

At least he’s not just doing it for Teenage Kicks.

2 Likes

I’ve got news for you…it’s all over now

2 Likes

Nope, It’s Going To Happen