UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

There are no negative health effects from smoking cannabis, obviously.

4 Likes

Well there goes that idea.

In fairness, this is what Sunak was effectively proposing.

1 Like

I think the Labour proposals come on top of that, i.e. this isnā€™t just an eventual complete ban, but also additional restrictions on where one can smoke.

2 Likes

Relatable. Raynor on holiday, having a good time. Nice to see a normal person doing a normal thing. We need more politicians like it. The balance has been all off, with many years of rule from elites feathering their own nest.

3 Likes

Mad Nads does not agreeā€¦

https://x.com/g_gosden/status/1829830551542374527?t=wk_2Rypa9ZW0qGHnxP4MPw&s=19

4 Likes

Thatā€™s @Klopptimist ā€™s night sorted.

8 Likes

:nauseated_face:

Unfortunately for us all her heart belongs to Boris.

1 Like

What heart?

Evil cow.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s not exactly raving is sheā€¦more like a lady of a certain age trying trying to raveā€¦but no ā€¦for meā€¦thatā€™s not dancing to rave musicā€¦(only my opinion)ā€¦

1 Like

I think youā€™ll find he spelt mouth wrong

https://x.com/MarkHam80780803/status/1829897596631970200?t=ax_tG8Wtgi3DJonKanXUlQ&s=19

5 Likes

Among those buying Oasis tickets was the government minister Lucy Powell.

The leader of the House of Commons bought two tickets for Manchester in July for Ā£350 each.

This couldnā€™t possibly be the same Lucy Powell I heard this morning defending the decision to remove the winter fuel payments for 3 million pensioners. It really canā€™t be, can it?

Ms Powell acknowledged that losing the payment would make things even tighter for pensioners, but defended the government for taking ā€œreally difficult decisionsā€ such as targeting winter fuel payments.

1 Like

Is she misappropriating public funds to buy the tickets?

If she is paying for them out of her own pocket, she hasnā€™t done anything wrong.

6 Likes

Did I say she had?

My main gripe is that she is in effect condoning scalping by admitting she was able to pay Ā£700 for tickets with a face value of Ā£300. She should have kept quiet about the tickets. Why did she even mention them?

What has scalping got to do with the winter fuel payment?

2 Likes

Apparently heā€™s sorry :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Absentee slumlord? Excellent, he ought to be able to help draft legislation to eliminate his ilk, right?

Wrong thread, mate. :beers:

2 Likes