UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Enjoyed this;

1 Like

Winter allowance cutā€¦ looks like one family has been preparing for this.

2 Likes

I find it strange how you criticise the media treatment of Labour, yet agree with the article and acknowledge that ā€œany government should be doing thisā€.
I never voted in the last election because no party gave me a reason to vote for them. I am not aligned to a party, I want my government to do the best for the nation, irrelevant of the colour of their rosette.
I think that until the people accept that the Country, on its current trajectory is fucked the situation will only get worse. The Government are going to have to make unpopular decisions, maybe the 14 years of hatred towards the Cons will allow Labour to get away with making unpopular decisions.

Also the same twat who encourages his employees to drive terribly.

1 Like

Time will tell

I wonā€™t be holding my breath :joy:.

I personally believe, that the incompetence would have happened under either party one way or the other and will continue to do so irrespective. There is a large elephant in the room and that is overpopulation/over stretching of resources and the reluctance of the public to accept it.
This week almost 2000 prisoners were released because of over crowding in the prisons - well lets build more prisons.
Waiting times in our hospitals are continuing to rise - well letā€™s build more hospitals/train more nurses.
People have no where to live, house prices are too high. - well letā€™s build more houses.

People forget that this all comes at a cost to us the Tax payer. However, we are all skint and would be unhappy if our taxes went up. So, how can we fund this. We either control the strain on the infrastructure or increase taxes to improve it.

Jesus Christ, it is not fucking hard, is it?

Labour should have done better in the preparation and implementation of this decision.

Any government should function in a way where basic things like impact assessment are a matter of course. That did not happen on this occasion and above I posted that they deserved a kick in the arse for this error.

At the same time, the media has been involved in a constant ā€˜gotchaā€™ on things they have fellated the Tories over these past 14 years.

The point of my post was to point out that Labour should have done better, the playing field is not level, and every error is going to be scrutinised incredibly heavily and in a way that does not chime with how the other cunts were treated.

As a (related) aside, your overpopulation rubbish is just that, rubbish.

This country has the resources to more than adequately deal with the current population. It currently cannot because the people in this country are, on the whole, clinging to some notion that there is a natural order of things and that deference is owed to oneā€™s betters. Coming here from somewhere else (same head of state, mind you) it is mind blowing how willing the British are to bend the knee to someone born with a silver spoon up their arse. It is quite pathetic, to be honest.

The UKā€™s issues have nothing to do with the population and everything to do with a ruling class that exists only to funnel money upwards whilst convincing said population otherwise. The media is entirely complicit in this.

12 Likes

Agreed.
But I got scoffed at and mocked for suggesting one mob was as bad as the other.

Theyā€™ve only been in power a short time, but havenā€™t exactly started well.
Time will tell if it improves.

All we hear is the apologist ā€œbut the Toriesā€ rhetoric, either that or deathly silence.

1 Like

People expecting govts to change.

So in the last two months, Labour has:

• Binned the abhorrent Rwanda plan
  • Moved to cancel no fault evictions
  • Dealt with nationwide riots
  • Dealt with seemingly intractable strikes
  • Awarded a public sector payrise
  • Flagged changes to the ridiculous House of Lords
  • Moved to create GB Energy
  • Moved forward with renewables
  • Flagged rail nationalisation
  • Cancelled the Stonehenge tunnel
  • Delivered the truth about the NHS rather than parroting the Tory ā€˜everything is fineā€™ absurdities
  • (Iā€™m sure there is moreā€¦)

I dunno about youā€¦but that seems to be a pretty decent whack of work for the first two months, especially considering that the previous cunts were not only raping the joint, they were lying about how bad things were as well.

I cannot quite understand why people on the internet, a) think someone saying Tories are bad equates to that person saying everything Labour does is like a unicorn shooting rainbows out its arse, and b), say they donā€™t care who is in charge - ā€˜theyā€™re all the sameā€™ - when thus far at least that is demonstrably nonsense.

10 Likes

For the record, I am incredibly fortunate to not be skint and I would more than welcome my taxes going up if the money eventually ended up in the hands of those who needed it.

Funny thing how recent years have seen an implosion in living standards and a simultaneous explosion in the number of billionairesā€¦

I wonder why that might be??

:thinking:

4 Likes

How many of us do you have blocked if you canā€™t see all the rage against the winter fuel payments policy?

Yes, because itā€™s bullshit lazy thinking ā€œboth sides are all the sameā€ ā€œall politicians are alikeā€ etc.

4 Likes

Immigrants, innit? Taking our jobs, taking our housing, taking our welfare, buying up Central London, electing the Toriesā€¦ Oh wait that last one wasnā€™t them.

2 Likes

See, thatā€™s what twenty+ years of experience here gets you young 'unsā€¦ The ability to annoy even our, generally frivolous, Antipodean academic that he becomes somewhat sober in input.

3 Likes

Pretty sure for any benefit, household income and bank balance is taken into account

No no no, people like this donā€™t actually exist, itā€™s all a cruel right wing created stereotype.

State pension?

I had a look, and the following are not means tested:

Attendance Allowance
Bereavement Support Payment
Carerā€™s Allowance
Disability Living Allowance
New style Employment and Support Allowance
Personal Independence Payment
State Pension

Obviously, some of those are taxable and dependent on other assessments and criteria.

You missed second home heating allowance :rofl:

1 Like

All also moving under the scope of cfcd if anything seems fishy ā€¦

1 Like