UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

That’s an oft repeated trope, but it’s factually bollocks.

It’s not. Same old result. See the history.

Spend and tax. Same old.

After months of screaming and frothing from the right wing press, Angela Raynor was cleared of any wrongdoing in her tax affairs relating to her house.

Ahh and is the ok? After the claims of Tories being corrupt?

We all see it through right and left wing lens. I see it through how to fix UK plc. Not Starmer not Tory. Feck not reform.

I have seen the history. It isn’t true, and given the financial skip fire the Tories have left after 14 years, it’s absolutely mind blowing that you raise it.

1 Like

No, you don’t. You only see debunked right-wing tropes.

1 Like

Aha. Ok. Call me in 3 years and tell me labour fixed it. Huge state. Higher tax. GDP debt. We have been here so many times. And people think I am Tory. No. Just hate tribal nonsense v

I’m just saying Angela Raynor did absolutely nothing wrong.

2 Likes

We all have our biases. I grew up under my parents who had a view.

Angela Raynor? Free holiday? Open your eyes. It’s not her. It’s all politicians. It’s about them. Power. Not country. She is abhorrent.

Starker is a bland none. Reeves is a rabbit in headlighrs. Raynor wants to be Ed Balls and instafram fame. Fix our country.

We will pay for this labour government as we paid for 14 years of Tory. System broken.

I’m nam dissolutions. Colilition. Almost worked. .

Fuck. Me.

The tax burden at the end of the Tory Government was higher than it ever had been. Debt more that 100% of GDP.

Brexit is costing the UK an estimated 100bn a year. Hundreds of millions, if not billions, was frittered away, on fraudulent contracts during Covid. The damage Liz Truss caused with her unfunded tax cuts for high earners is not fully understood. Their cost of living crisis. The gradual improverishment of huge swathes of the public through ideological cuts, attacks on the most vulnerable, and wage stagnation.

I don’t know how you have got the brass neck to criticise Labour’s economic track record after the last decade and half.

I’m not saying Labour are going to fix this in three years. It’s going to take time just for it to stop getting worse. By which time the thick British Public will have probably decided that because Labour haven’t pulled an economic miracle out of their arses, it’s time to give Reform a go.

Any chance of forming your thoughts into a single rational post?

2 Likes

Left right. That’s not modern life.

No! Sorry. Just frustrated. Left or right does not fix it. Promises over 5 years do not touch the sides. Bhocon earth do we use our system to fix our country. God knows America :us: s not the answer.

You’re doing that thing again where you post long streams of non-sequitur one line posts that no-one can keep up with. You apologised the next day after you did this before.

1 Like