UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Paintings were protected and undamaged. Big fucking deal. The climate is breaking down and genocide in the middle east

4 Likes

Now that you have mentioned it, I do recall the poll being quite balanced. But, there was definitely a predominantly pro remain voice on the thread. Why was that?

I disagree with your view on no-one will ā€˜cancelā€™ you - Please note, I actually hate the term cancelled and apologise for using it.

I have no problem being challenged, thatā€™s how a debate should be. However, look at the responses to my posts.

You have Mascot saying ā€œgive your head a wobbleā€ to my opinion about how the Brexit thread was.

You then have Mascot and Redbj respond almost identically to my post

With

So, only young people go to Gym/Gigs?? :thinking:

Redbj, then has the audacity to reply mockingly of the ā€˜Brexit minority Far righters crying persecutionā€™ yet still jumps on the band wagon of Labour being persecuted by the Far Right media.

I am happy to have my points challenged where needed, but in my opinion these responses are not challenging my point of view, merely ignorant.

So, basically you have a problem with Mascotā€™s style of debating, which, I agree, can be grating at times.

However, this is a Liverpool fan forum, and any knowledge of the history and traditions of the club will lead you to know that it has a long history of association with the left. Itā€™s hardly surprising that this place would reflect that to some degree. I certainly wouldnā€™t expect it to perfectly reflect attitudes on a national scale. Iā€™d imagine that a Chelsea fan forum would be more conservative leaning, for example.

Most people on here argue in a reasonable manner, many, like me ;-), are knowledgeable and educated, but itā€™s the nature of the internet that disagreements are amplified and misunderstandings occur.

5 Likes
1 Like

www.theanfieldnoise.com/worldsgreatestunderstatementthread

2 Likes

Turns out Bozo was even stupider than we thought at the time.

If thatā€™s possible.

5 Likes

Iā€™m trying to think of a PM that hasnā€™t been ā€œinterestingā€. The only ones that come to mind are May, Major and Brown - but people will call them boring (Major did enjoy the odd Currie however). The rest have been, well, ā€œinterestingā€¦ā€

Even @Alright_Now_Legend ā€™s korma was hotter.

4 Likes

Sounds like more made up bollocks in his book. Itā€™s probably the only way to sell it. Everyone laugh at the stupid clown man. God, I hate fucking clowns.

3 Likes

And he did a lot - allegedly.

1 Like

I said that to the suggestion you were ā€˜cancelledā€™. If youā€™d been cancelled, you wouldnā€™t be still here. There were a fair few pro leave voices, and none of them were cancelled.

No, but it will obviously skew towards younger people.

1 Like

In Singapore we have a minister now going to jail for accepting gifts under a law that actually originated from our time as a British colony and a law that the UK themselves scrapped some time ago. It means government servants cannot be charged for accepting gifts as long it cannot be proven that itā€™s accepted in return for benefits which then becomes corruption. Is that true in the UK? Because why should government individuals be able to receive such kind of gifts and not be considered illegal?

1 Like

So is Labour peer Aliā€¦some sort of charity shopā€¦or a posh Vintedā€‹:smile::smile::smile:

i dont think you referenced to correct poster hereā€¦im not involved in this

1 Like

Wowā€¦donā€™t hold back Rosieā€¦tell us what you really think.

The sleaze, nepotism and apparent avarice are off the scale. I am so ashamed of what you and your inner circle have done to tarnish and humiliate our once proud party.

In her resignation letter Duffield condemned Starmer for accepting gifts worth more than Ā£100,000, including clothing, glasses and accommodation paid for by Lord Alli, the Labour peer

Rats deserting a sinking ship a few months after it launched.

Sorry @Rambler beat me to it

Jonathan Pie is VERY quiet.

The daily stick the conservatives got on here, Labour would sort it all out. Wow, almost worse. Iā€™m currently laughing my arse off.

As am I.

Youā€™re drinking a slightly more expensive Bordeaux though I suspect.

1 Like

Riesling tonight.

1 Like