UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Laura Kuenssberg has been found out again:

https://x.com/bbclaurak/status/1841591658842095718?t=4o2lVtpKiEa5JeTImXwLeA

I’m not sure why she is still felating Boris Johnson in public. I’m also not sure why the BBC couldn’t simply assign a real journalist to the interview. Although I think we all know is that it’s because he wouldn’t turn up.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Why would anyone else want to interview him. Laura was helping him promote his book. Everyone in the country has been sickened by him and never want to see his grubby face again

4 Likes

About fucking time.

The Chagos Islands should never have been separated from Mauritius in the first place.

5 Likes

Iron Dome gets the attention because it is used to bring down short range stuff, from Hamas or Hezbollah.

Beyond that, Israel has something called David’s Sling, and also Arrow 1 and Arrow 2. These systems are much more sophisticated, and are designed to intercept longer range missiles, even at the edge of the atmosphere.

In addition, Israel enjoys assistance from American forces in the region, who will shoot missiles down. Apparently the UK has also been helping with that (I understand the Houthi stuff, to protect shipping lanes and trade, but I am a bit uncomfortable if the UK is playing an active role in assisting Israel, given what it has been doing in Gaza, West Bank, Lebanon, and soon I’m sure, beyond those confines).

From an Iranian perspective, they shot a lot of missiles from multiple places, so it is much harder to bring them all down. It looks like Iran also carefully calibrated its targets so as to not cause civilian damage, while also sending a message to Israel that we can get through your defenses.

Obviously we now await Israel’s next response, concerned by the escalation in the region and wondering where it will all end.

That is only because after launch is detected, part of the defence system will look at the missile tajectory and attempt to pinpoint the area of impact. It will then allow Israel to identify any missile that will likely hit a key target and any that will hit unoccupied land.

Any missile that is expected to hit unoccupied land is then ignored as the cost to shoot it down is not worth it.

3 Likes

Wrong thread but remind me why Iran has missiles now?

Are they idiots?

The ones stupid enough to pay £30000 for a full english?

1 Like

Now Argentina wants the Falklands back. Good luck there lads.

@cynicaloldgit ??

1 Like

Thats been rumbling for a few years. Nice reminder with what has happened with the Chagos Islands i guess.

Just on that yesterday i saw “Not So” Cleverly condemn giving them to Mauritius even though it was him that started the discussions while in government.

Politics is crap on a stick

3 Likes

Even I’m not that stupid.

1 Like

They always want them back. They are crying at the moment because they just signed a deal with the UK which offers the UK quite a few material benefits in terms of logistics and the UK offered them visitors visas.

3 Likes

Think their economy reforms have backfired too so looking for something else to focus minds on.

1 Like

I agree with the points you raised in these two paragraphs.

Labour or any new government needs time to implement their policies.
Using your football analogy, it’s not often a Football Manager (Party) takes a role, where there they inherit a good squad with a sound structure. It maybe that the manager (PM), in order to get stability plays a more defensive formation at first, to sure up a leaky defence (finances) or even cut a player (policy) who is on a large contract, because they are not adding any value to the team.
I will be honest in that I didn’t vote in the latest election’s, because no one provided me with a reason to vote for them - although I was tempted to vote for Lib Dem purely because of Ed Davey :joy:.
I know people will jump on me but Labour need(Ed) to utilise this honeymoon period and make the tough calls/big decisions, they can pass it off as an inherited issue/blame Cons. and will still maintain popularity because of the ill feeling towards the last 14years. The thing they can’t do is undermine this trust by repeating similar mistakes as the previous Government.

Agree with your point on AR, just too tired to comment :+1:t2:

1 Like

I think Mother Nature had a large part to play :crazy_face:.

Because whether you love him or hate him, people want to hear what he has to say.
From my own observations there is no love lost between Laura and Boris, it is of mutual benefit. The problem is Laura is a fuckwit, she has done exactly what people would expect off BJ.

Pfflefluffliff flim flam flfuff and fluffle fliff and Eton you know old boy flifffle fliff fluff fliff fliffleeeee flam flfifff. It’s absolute fllllim flammmmmm and Winston and feffleeeee flillle.

Could’ve been Churchill if it weren’t for the fllllefflle fllifffff flafffffff. And the inability to talk like a normal person, whose parents aren’t related.

10 Likes
8 Likes