UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

How long until she says this is mean?

3 Likes

I wonder if this is linked to Simon Case leaving his jobā€¦

1 Like

How?

He left for medical reasons didnt he, and she has a new role engaging with local regions and devolved governments?

Didnā€™t see that part.

EDIT: To be clear, when I saw the article, they hadnā€™t updated it with the details on her new role yet.

2 Likes

I think the most interesting part is that they have appointed James Lyons to strategic communications. This is something that has been a mess. Iā€™m assuming that this is the same guy that was in charge of PR at NHS England.

1 Like

4 Likes

Apparently, James Cleverly has been knocked out of Tory leadership race:

Iā€™m not sure that the Big Brother leadership selection method is doing them any favours. And like Big Brother, I am surprised to learn it still exists, I donā€™t care in the slightest who wins, and most of the contestants come across as egotistical halfwits.

Presumably this is the best news that Keir Starmer has had in weeks.

3 Likes

Jenrick v Badenoch.

Wonder who the membership will choose? I canā€™t see a load of male, middle-aged (or older) gammons electing a black woman, but who knows?

Either way, the new leader will be chasing the Reform vote and not trying to reclaim the centre ground. Which would be hilarious, except that theyā€™ll be backed by the mainstream media and the inevitable result will be the political landscape in the country being dragged even further to the right.

3 Likes

Difficult to say just looking at themā€¦

Apparently Cleverly supporters were trying to vote strategically in that round, weakening his support to manipulate the results to set up his victory in the next? That is absolutely hilarious.

4 Likes

John Crace is fond of calling him Dimly. Turns out the same applies to his supportersā€¦

1 Like

The Conservative party have form for this type of vote rigging. There were similar suspicions with the MPs vote that lead to Truss getting the job.

1 Like

Sunakā€™s team were said to have done it too when he won.

1 Like

He (Cleverly, that is, not Crace) is widely known as ā€œNotsoā€ in Westminster circles.

2 Likes

I think they took the meesage to vote Cleverly as to vote tactically.

2 Likes

That Jenrick is a real smarmy cunt isnā€™t he?

2 Likes

Big time. Iā€™m trying to remember what scandal he got caught up in. Something with housing from memory. Earned him the name Honest Bob.

That was before ordering the painting over of kids murials in an asylum seeker refuge.

2 Likes

Same thing, really.

1 Like

Which one?

In all seriousness though I think youā€™re looking at the Westferry development where he unlawfully permitted a scheme that would save a party donor Ā£150m.

(Despite the identical link previews, they point to different parts of the page)

This one, but i thought there was more to it somehow.