UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Fixed

I think I am underselling it.

Specifically because it looks like straight up corruption combined with petty political vindictiveness (the founds would have gone to the then Labour-controlled local council).

2 Likes

Yeah i serm to remrmber thinking how is he still in post? But here we are, potentially the new opposition leader.

In reality none of the candidates that put themselves forward as candidates for leader of the Conservative Party should be anywhere near it or politics for that matter.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to see the rightwing media frothing at the mouth over something which affects barely 0.5% of the population.

4 Likes

Why read it then?

1 Like

@cynicaloldgit needs somewhere to find restaurant reviews after allā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s always good to know what your enemy is thinking.

1 Like

Is it a case that the proportion is small but impact is large with this?

Its an honest question as iā€™m increasingly thinking that the Tories and Nigel Fuckwit have done such a good job of screwing the country thereā€™s little hope of recovery.

1 Like

Read the article, I think the estimate is that they could raise a few hundred million extra per year based on the lower rate of 33%, and more with a rate in the middle of the range, but they estimate that they would actually to lose revenue by the end of the parliamentary term if they raised it all the way to 39%, I presume from all the disincentives created by such a high rate.

2 Likes

To be fair, it affects 100% of the proprietors of those newspapers.

2 Likes
5 Likes

wow

2 Likes

I canā€™t say I agreed with him politically but I do remember one occasion when I ran off some data for him as a last minute request, and he wrote to my boss to thank me for my efforts, which was a nice touch.

6 Likes

Sadly (and possibly a post in the whatā€™s happening thread) Iā€™ve spent a huge amount of time in Clatterbridge Liverpool over the last year. We just bought a wheelchair in the end. They get nicked by the shed load, think shopping trolleys. Cunts will be cunts. One guy tried to ā€œborrowā€ ours. That was funny.

4 Likes

Surely you should be praising these thieves for their entrepreneurial spirit? For finding an opportunity and exploiting it? For leaving the sick and helpless to fend for themselves?

Shoot the twats. Next?

Shoot everyone who espouses intrinsic Tory values?

Agreed.

1 Like

I wonder what the Starmer government will do about this?

Nationalising the water network as the individual contracts expire would be a good start.

6 Likes

This should help them get off their fat a***s Good idea Sir Keir. I would make them compulsoryā€¦:wink:

2 Likes