UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Yeah easy to say that now. How convenient.

Typical that you double down over just withdrawing it.

I found this a bit hysterical :smiley:

7 Likes

Welcome to British media, particularly that of the right wing :rofl:

8 Likes

Sort of sounds like a a back handed complement / praising with damming….

1 Like

What you meant was “Thanks for explaining your excellently crafted joke which just showed up my personal constant incorrect assumption that you’re the world’s most evil ist”

Bored now, move on. I have comedy to do.

Must be a delayed reaction

Day off?

The fuck around, find out meme was created specifically for moments such as this.

https://x.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1846920112453886446?t=QSllsZEOPaVyZEPQKTc1cw&s=19

3 Likes

I see she used her dead son in her defence, as well.

FMD…sometimes I wish that asteroid would just hurry the fuck up and put us all out of our misery.

5 Likes

Not before Slotta’s first treble, though.

7 Likes

I’M GOING TO DISN…

2 Likes

It gets worse and worse

Was de-registered as a childminder but intended to work ‘on the sly’ and if caught would play the mental health card. I say lock the bitch up and drop the keys down the sewer.

3 Likes

She’s sadly not alone. Only last week there was a tory peer i think that wanted to use drones to harpoon dinghies. Thankfully he pulled back from suggesting dropping grenades on them.

Sad state. I might see if i can hunt down the clip but it was on GB News. Of course no backlash for the person or the channel.

2 Likes

Build a wall, build a wall…

1 Like

If said wall does get build, can we at least invite Trump over and then flood it?

1 Like

Only if we can get France to pay for it.

2 Likes

He suggested using drones to puncture the dinghies before they left France. I can’t see a problem with it myself. It would put the abhorrent people-smuggling gangs out of business and cut down on loss of life in the channel.

2 Likes

Alternatively we could sort the asylum processing system. Support those who are fleeing persecution to build a life here, and deport the others legally.

As much as I can’t stand Starmer and his crew, I’m informed that Labour have made inroads on fixing the system that the Tories intentionally fucked up to stoke their culture wars

7 Likes

How much of an inroad have they made though? They’re still trying to avoid creating a legal route to asylum.

I suspect (and hope) that is stage 2 (or 3) of their planning. First invest in the asylum system and the border forces to clear the backlog so there is more capacity for new cases and to better fight trafficking. Second, agree a European wide deal/ process with our neighbours, then announce the establishment of legal routes?

2 Likes