UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Looking at the kids on the bike, neither wearing helmets and look to be scooting along at a similar speed to what the van was doing, both of which seemed fairly quick on video (I know some guys that use E-Bikes for delivery work consistantly ‘cruise’ at +20mph so could speed have been an issue?

But 900 meters from where the crash happened seems a long way for them to be following these kids

Police stated they arrived after the crash, and giving the impression there was no chase, read a piece today saying that those two kids had problems with a copper previously that said he always went after them if he saw them and knocked them off their scooters//bike previously

The lesson here kids, is don’t use social media as a primary news source.

2 Likes

Christ knows, I have problems with the police but this reads like my mates uncles has a mate who sez…

5 Likes

Post deleted as I was out of order.

1 Like

I don’t give a fuck who it is. I don’t know what the Labour link here is, but I don’t really care.

I just don’t think hearsay on social media is a good reason to torch a neighbourhood and go on the fucking rampage.

If it comes out that the police were lying, then I won’t be a bit surprised. But it all seems quite foggy and unclear at the minute and not the time for people to be losing their shit.

2 Likes

The labour link is that ex first minister Alun Michael is now police commissioner and basically dismissed any of the claims that the police were the cause of the crash…IE there was no chase.

As usual this seems to be a case of closing ranks and blaming Ely scum.

Apologies mascot , sorry to have gone off on you for no reason, other than I am from Ely, again that’s no excuse, but Alun Michaels knows what he has done/is doing…these statements come across to dismiss any residents thoughts/concern etc and all that bs …

But on a local level this is damaging for Ely as it yet again makes the whole of Cardiff against Ely , which I have had to live with all my life, and things had almost improved over the years with that attitude.

And now the police force that denied there was any chase has referred itself to the police watchdog…wash rinse repeat and clear with “lessons will be learnt blah blah blah”

3 Likes

No worries mate.

3 Likes

this sounds awfully familiar

I was living in Sydney at the time and had to take the train through Redfern to get to my job at Marrickville. not a very comfortable vibe at the time.

"Blame
The teenager’s mother, Gail Hickey, yesterday said police caused her son’s death.

“I don’t believe the police, I don’t care what they say, I don’t believe them,” she said. "They did chase him at that time.

“I got a witness to all that. He seen everything that happened. He told me he seen my son riding the bike real fast, next minute he seen cop cars coming, chasing my son to the building there, where it happened.”

Local resident Donna says people are grieving.

“It all started over the coppers chasing a young boy,” she said.

“It happened yesterday afternoon or last night and it’s just that everybody has gone off because they believe the coppers are involved in doing away with the young fellow.”

Donna says people are angry because they believe police are responsible for the teenager’s death.

“He was murdered,” she said. “We’ve been down to look at the spot and everything and there’s no sign, they cleaned it up that quick.”"

So our creaking infrastructure is all down to a few thousand immigrants, and nothing to do with privatisation and thirteen years of chronic underinvestment.

Cunts.

5 Likes

I can’t get the link but is he complaining about students in terms of migration? I thought the education sector was struggling as it is but this is one sector that the UK can still excel at.The UK is an English speaking country and that still has some advantages globally.

If the number of students is a concern then address the infrastructure. Then again, they have known about this for decades and done little to address it that doesn’t impact the wider community.

2 Likes

I’d actually argue it goes way beyond 13 years. The concept of asset management, at least for highway stuff only really became a thing in the 1990’s. It’s just a massive failure where there’s idea that once something’s been built from concrete / steel you don’t need to look after it. To me it’s a miracle we in the UK haven’t seen some of the catastrophic failures that have happened in places like the US and Italy (bridges). But then from my experience sewer collapses are extremely frequent in the UK.

Of course austerity combined with over privatisation, or at least contracts that discouraged maintenance, investment and upgrades to infrastructure crippled any progress that was happening.

We are years behind and to be honest I don’t think catching back up is really possible. Not with massive priorities elsewhere as well. Outlook does not look great imo and that’s before you look at the politics behind it all.

1 Like

Children of migrants wanting immigration to be controlled/reduced. The irony.

2 Likes

Love James Acaster. Here he is on Brexit again-

If you need to consult your “ethics advisor” that itself should be a red flag

3 Likes

I’m wondering just what sort of kompromat she has on him…

1 Like

It’s an odd one given how unpopular she is amongst Conservative voters too.

so you’re suspecting worse that sicking your knob in a dead pigs mouth?