UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Apparently there is a super injunction in place to stop any information about Charlotte Owen being leaked… Also read somewhere that besides becoming the youngest ever life peer at 29yrs old… it equates to being paid something like £340 per day for the rest of her life…!!!
She was in her job for less than 18months.! No wonder the country is fucked

4 Likes

probably because she could gobble a knob like Monica Lewinsky.

Unbelievable. Do you know who’s behind the injunction ?

No not yet… No one can find anything out about her… although someone did mention, her surname is the same as BoJo’s first wife…!
The plot thickens… Hope the special committee gets formed quickly and removes all of his nominees

1 Like

Bojo was split with Allegra Mostyn-Owen in 1993, so 29-30 yrs ago? not saying it’s true, but the timeline could be correct considering a 9mo pregnancy…

2 Likes

Have a feeling it’s more a case of carrie Johnson pushing Boris for this as they were friends were they not ?

It’s clearly undeserved and it’s clearly corruption. Labour should hammer Sunak on this.

4 Likes
1 Like

https://twitter.com/jdportes/status/1671538470374764544?t=erVqoiYcSBV2wd9ZSdGbxQ&s=19

1 Like

GIF by VH1

It appears that Starmer chose to go big on the Mortgage Crisis today (which Sunak did his usual routine of deflecting the blame on), but I would have thought there would be one question asking Sunak to confirm how he would have voted had he bothered to turn up.

Perhaps someone else asked this? I haven’t seen it all.

Who would be interested in mortgages when there’s a beached whale and a spineless sardine to gobble up?

The conservative standard response seems to be “opposition plays politics, while we deliver”

I’d ask what has he delivered because everything’s gone to shit.

3 Likes

Surely they’ve managed to deliver immigrants to Rwanda by now, no?

Don’t think so. They purchased a barge though.

Animated GIF

That’s some barge

Another 500 basis point increase from B of E. People are going to be hurting, but that core inflation rate is by far the most stubborn in the G7

2 Likes

I saw this (extract from the FT) posted elsewhere. Core inflation is meant to be prices once volatiles such as food and energy have been removed. I suppose from that, the question is what does the UK have in common with Norway and the Netherlands that the others don’t (and I’m assuming it isn’t anything to do with the North Sea).

1 Like

Dutch and Norwegian inflation are not high due to the same drivers as the UK. Both the Netherlands and Norway benefit enormously from high energy prices relative to the size of their economies, which puts more money chasing +/- the same set of goods/services. The removal of energy as a volatile only takes that good out of the consumption bundle for calculation purposes, it does not do anything for the underlying surge in wealth/money supply related to that. In the UK, it is there, but a much more muted signal.

2 Likes

Don’t worry everyone. Rishi has spoken

I’m here to tell you that I am totally, 100% on it. And it is going to be OK and we are going to get through this and that is the most important thing I wanted to let you know today.

Yes, that’s genuinely him. That’s the Prime Minister of our country’s response to the interest rate crisis.

How the fuck did we end up here?

3 Likes