US Election 2024

#iamverysmart

2 Likes

Is that a photo of COG’s 18th birthday party?

2 Likes

I would say I’m howling but as everyone knows I don’t ever mess with @cynicaloldgit

Feel free to call me a coward. I don’t care.

1 Like

You forgot to carry the 1.

1 Like

Biden tells ally he is weighing if he will continue

Baby steps. Please go away.

Again, these are the stakes. Biden is old and if elected will literally die in office. But the government is not yet a Targaryen dynasty full of competing claims to succession. There is a clear succession and one that has been utilized numerous times. The 20th century saw this happen 4 times and each time the man who stepped in as the default replacement was successful in their own right that they won reelection. Anyone arguing the prospect of that is more dangerous than this is just simply not a serious person

https://x.com/whstancil/status/1808145183067820115

1. The economic damage would be enormous. The psychic damage of what this would look like would be way worse. It would be peak GDR Stasi shit, with Trump admitting it would require citizens getting caught up in the raids, but such an outcome is acceptable.

2. Government is complicated and needs professionals to do the jobs of making it work. This is the path to rampant incompetency, but beyond that boring stuff is how the worst of a despot’s impulses get facilitated.

3. Same as above regarding enabling a despot.

4. Political violence is protected and even rewarded

5. Massively inflationary. This is ushering in an era of stagflation or even depression (when combined with the other policies)

1 Like

Politics remind me of the WWE, it’s just one big ass story line and they’re all putting on a show for us while working together in the background

Sadly it impacts lives.

1 Like

Yes, it does. But to the ones in charge, making the rules, making the money, they don’t give any shits about us. They’ll put on a front that they can’t about the American people but in reality it’s just a game to them.

To be fair, I don’t care about the American people either.

Especially @Alright_Now_Legend

1 Like

Same

1 Like

Which is totally fine and fair. But you should stay out of our politics then :). Worry about your own country, elections and whatever else.

No need for that.

Capitol Hill insurrection was something that scared even me, and I have lived through numerous military coups and other atrocities. I really thought that will shake US citizens to their senses. In the hindsight, Trump winning the nomination should have had sent alarm-bells ringing.

3 Likes

Really.

95% of the people who post in this section claim not to want nor vote for Trump. Same as voting Tory, people don’t have the balls to admit it because they don’t want the shit.

1 Like

It’s not that they support Biden. It’s just that they justifiably loathe and fear Trump.

8 Likes

I get you.

It was really bad, but it was also entirely telegraphed to the point that I cancelled all my work meetings to make sure I was watching TV for an event that is otherwise largely meaningless. I did that because there were clear signals being sent that something monumentally destructive was going to happen. I just wasn’t sure exactly what it would look like and how far it would go. I think this is the piece most have memory holed now. Both the attack itself, and the pathetic entirely predictable rewriting of history from people who have concluded appeasing trump is in their best interest, were just part of a throughline from everything that had been happening step by step since about 2012.

4 Likes

House Dems taking it up a notch.

My dream match up for the second debate looking realistic: Trump vs Pelosi

Ah, finally a fresh new face

5 Likes