US Election 2024

Again from a foreigner, even if Biden has concerns over his age, I don’t see any of Harris or some other Democrats who have that kind of vibe that says President to me.

Of course as a foreigner, it does not matter because to me, USA needs a President and government who can sort out the shit in various parts of their country internally while in the midst of telling other countries what to do.

Who cares if they have “that kind of vibe”? The alternative is Trump.

5 Likes

Biden can’t do the messaging. He can barely string a couple of sentences together at this point. It needs a new leader. If that person is installed, anything can happen.

I would advise them to confront the border issue head on, and turn it around completely.

How? By speaking about the greatness of the American people. They have always been capable of welcoming others, and we need to get back to painting that picture, rather than the shitty narrative that a mean-spirited Republican Party has fostered, by punching down at the poorer neighbors across the way.

A smart Democrat candidate might talk about the immigrants that helped build America, and the ongoing benefits that immigrants have brought to these shores.

The message could be a very patriotic, broad tent sort of thing. Sow that narrative, and build a passionate case, and it will have millions of people voting for it.

Instead of being a weak issue, which it is right now, the right messaging could turn it around and it could even help to win an election.

Ditto the economy. Talk about the good things Biden has done. Talk about the horrible deficit Trump gave us. Don’t let the Republican Party be the party of good economics, because they are not!

Crucially, and I’m sorry to keep banging this drum, but it all depends on the messenger.

And Biden, at this stage, is not going to do it.

1 Like

He does have the vibe. Would he be acceptable ?

2 Likes

Still better than that orange wanker.

(That’s a wanker who is orange, not someone who wanks oranges, in case anyone was wondering)

1 Like

That’s part of the point @Limiescouse has been making. The sentiment, helped along by the media, is totally disconnected with all the underlying measures.

3 Likes

US are promising padawans compared to the UK.

1 Like

Is Biden still running? The longer this goes on the worse it will be for that party and the man himself.

At this point his pride is more important to him than the future of his country.

1 Like

4 months to election, will any new candidates have time to campaign?

1 Like

That assumes they have not kidded themselves into believing they are still in a strong position and the debate was was just one bad performance. Part of what has made them successful as an administration has been the ability to not be swayed by the minute to minute hot takes from DC’s chattering class. In this context it seems like that trait has become a negative.

1 Like

Yeah, steadfast becomes stubborn, strong-willed becomes pig-headed.

1 Like

vekkam.gif

5 Likes

I think Jill Biden has done about 3 campaign trips since the debate.

Turkish barber again?

2 Likes

Congressional Dems up for reelection creating distance from Biden is the biggest tell of sentiment, far more than what they say in public. I mentioned a week ago that Tammy Baldwin avoided Biden’s appearance in WI shortly after the debate to do her own event. These data explain that…

https://x.com/ec_schneider/status/1810676365835784347

Some issue with RFK muddying the waters in the presidential results, but she is out performing Biden by 11 points.

2 Likes

FIFY

3 Likes

Umm, if it is British territory, how about the US fuck off?