US Election 2024

Drivel.

Biden has been unequivocal in condemning the attack. Without a shadow of a doubt Trump would not have done the same if the roles were reversed.

And the rhetoric deployed on either side of the US political debate is poles apart.

8 Likes

Guaranteed that Trump would be saying that itā€™s a pity they missed.

4 Likes

Trump and everyone around him thought the attack on Paul Pelosi was hilarious. Remember, she not her husband was the target of that attack yet Trump repeatedly turned the attack into a laugh line at his rallies. Ashley Babbit was a hero. The cop who killed her should be prosecuted.

We donā€™t have to think through hypotheticals.

11 Likes

Itā€™s fucking tragic that the discourse has reached such a low point. The blame for that lies firmly on the right and unfortunately itā€™s really hard to turn back from this situation.

3 Likes

We also donā€™t have to think of what they thought or think. We just have to think of what we think.

As my teacher says: ā€œWhy are you worried about their minds? Are you done working on your own?ā€

I dont get what your point is. Do you want us to pretend it isnā€™t being politicized just because weā€™d all prefer it not be and the discourse be completely different? There are already widespread moves now from the right to position any criticism of Trump as being an incitement to more violence.

2 Likes

What an embarrassment

https://x.com/aishahhasnie/status/1812542236350988740

Was he worried about your mind when he gave you that advice?

1 Like

Definitely. My mind has gone through plenty.

Definitely embarrassing. Parallels Biden selecting Kamala as VP after she accused him of being a racist.

2 Likes

It is not remotely close to being alike. Kamala made one argument in a single debate that was in line with the sort of contrasts candidate make against each other in a normal nomination. It was a criticism she prefaced with the comment that she was not accusing him of being a racist.

Haley ran her entire campaign arguing that Trump was not fit for office.

3 Likes

Or worse, a member of the NRA.

1 Like

I agree with every other sentiment of your post, I find your views coincide with mine regularly on many things.

But this is simply wrong.

Bad people exist, that is 100% different to mental illness. Its too easy to blame mental illness for every deviant behaviour. And its wrong.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

Without diagnosis we should not throw that around, no offence meant.

Whatā€™s the right way to say not himself, or not thinking it through well, especially the consequences, or easily influenced, or troubled or disturbed in some way?

I know those things arenā€™t mental illness, but Iā€™m trying to find the right way to say it.

Stoned most likelyā€¦

Iā€™ve been stoned. Very stoned. And I never wanted to hurt anyone, not even Maggie T.

2 Likes

2-1 :england:šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ

3 Likes

My lad once told me, that these days, lots of weirdos think they are living in a video gameā€¦ and replicate that behaviour in the real worldā€¦! Who knows what made him do itā€¦ something obviously not right with him, or the way he was functioning to do that

When I was stoned I wanted to hug everyone and listen to groovy music.

2 Likes