Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

Matip isn’t injured, but sure if you want to work backward to fit a conclusion.

3 Likes

I hope Everton get relegated and get beaten by every team from now on!!

3 Likes

One of our aircraft is missing…!!

I’m hoping we all feel better after Jurgen gives us his pep talk sometime this week…
It is what it is now… In Jurgen we trust
COYR

3 Likes

In Jürgen and the squad. We have a lot of talent.

3 Likes

It’s time to “circle the wagons” as the Americans like to say. Siege mentality and all of that. The Boss will know what buttons to push.

Virgil is world class and it’s a very big challenge for our squad to move on without him, but IMO we have the right squad to do it. We need our incredible depth in midfield to do their job and we will be ok. Every man focus on their job, and let the man beside them focus on their job, we are going to be ok.

6 Likes

We’re still too good overall to argue that the title is lost, but it just became soooo much harder. Not a lot of margin for error behind Matip and Gomez. Fab to CB is our last line of defense before we turn to a variety of unproven options back there.

I could see is making a move in the winter window to add depth.

7 Likes

Imagine Klopp putting the red shirt on and playing CB? The opposition would stay in their own box let alone half!

Virgil’ll emerge from his reconvelescent’s bunker in a very different world. Covid vaccination in full swing and Trump on the run in Bolivia.

5 Likes

On a hopeful note

13 Likes

Yeah, but I hear he’s always hurt and so we shouldn’t count on him :hot_face:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe gets slotted into Virgils domain on the left…
Matip to the right begins marshalling the back-line and plays through any pain barrier in answer to the prayers of the fans…
TTA and Robbo with attack and defensive lung bursting performances every game…
They will not pass…
No matter how rocky it becomes at the back… Let the midfield and attack win us the games…!
We are Liverpool… tra la la la la…

3 Likes

Like I said yesterday, the thrill is not gone. Is it Wednesday yet?

4 Likes

This is so true!

20 Likes

A season of all out attack incoming.

Will be entertaining if not successful.

If I were the club I’d be on the phone to the the PL 9am Monday to talk about the retrospective action and the failings of the officials.

5 Likes

There must be SERIOUS AND LASTING consequences or this will happen again

5 Likes

Not sure my two new stents are suited to it, but I’m game :grinning:

Agree on the Monday call. Make it, but then put it behind us and move on. Big things ahead.

1 Like

Unfortunately they said this about FFP too

4 Likes

Get well soon Big Virg.

2 Likes

null and void
NULL AND VOID
(starts pounding table) NULL AND VOID! NULL AND VOID! NULL AND VOID!

4 Likes

Wish you a speedy recovery, we are waiting for you :broken_heart:

9 Likes