Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

No other words, just incredibly sad. Party time for those vermins.

3 Likes

OMG!
I thought that since he walked off the pitch, it would not be the dreaded ACL injury.

Right now, I am so bloody angry and upset. I hate Pickford, I hope he has mare from now on and Southgate picks someone else for the England GK

6 Likes

No doubt the pubs on County Road will reopen tonight, to celebrate this news.

2 Likes

YNWA our #4

7 Likes

Oh wellā€¦ this will be a long, long season for us with only two nominal center backs in the squad for us. And we know how fragile the Matip-Gomez partnership has always been.

I brace myself for shipping an average of two goals each game from now on, which means that our forward players will have to be on fire to rescue anything from the season. Klopp might revert to the spectacular heavy-metal football we used to play before big Virg came inā€¦

In terms of expectations for the season, Iā€™m stopping everything. Virgil is too important for us. I just hope that we can secure a CL spot for next season, thatā€™s all. With a bit of luck, that might be within our reach. Hopefully all other key players will stay fit, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

That is in poor taste if the Bluenoses celebrate an injury of a footballer regardless of who he plays for.

4 Likes

Ok nobody from LFC has officially put a time scale on it but tbh mate,anyone who has an operation for ACL damage misses pretty much most if not all the season,i canā€™t see them rushing him back to play.

1 Like

You donā€™t think they will? Really?

1 Like

Iā€™m going with the we have JĆ¼rgen and they donā€™t approach. Iā€™m not lowering any expectations and Iā€™m going to enjoy another season of the mentality monsters.

9 Likes

I donā€™t know their mindset. I have met families who are both blue and red in the same household. I never heard anything like that before.the
You know better having lived there.

1 Like

Agreed. Weā€™ll change our approach, and will go again. Thiago signing might just be at the perfect time, and the fact we didnā€™t let Gini leave. Allow Fab to drop back as needed. Too early to call this season off because of one player.

Klopp is different than Pep in this respect and wonā€™t let one player being off affect us. If that happens in game, it becomes difficult to manage that particular game like the CL final. This, Klopp has time to figure and continue the challenge. Itā€™s become difficult, but hey we beat Covid to the title. We shall again!

4 Likes

Believe me, having lived in Liverpool all my life, I know exactly what theyā€™re like.

4 Likes

Fuck.

Virgil van Dijk has a grade three tear of his anterior cruciate ligament. That is the worst level, with the ligament torn in half, and the surgery is designed to restructure the ligament. The clubā€™s doctors will schedule surgery next week. #awlfc [@MaddockMirror]

1 Like

Add that we havenā€™t got Allison in either, weā€™re going to struggle.

1 Like

Omg!

If/when I move to Liverpool, please advise me to choose a suburb were the Reds live in a majority.

5 Likes

What do you expect from a shower of shit that havenā€™t won a trophy since 1995.

1 Like
1 Like

So van Dijk is out for the season, Matip is injured or on his way to becoming injured and I have never seen a goalkeeper who is injured as much as Becker. Thiago could be out for weeks too, Ox is not back jet, our Greek friend, injured.

One thing is for sure, for me, we are no longer favourite to win the PL. Van Dijk was so massive for us.

Sorry for sounding doom and gloom but I am still very angry and depressed. :rage:

1 Like