Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

Was instructing up to 2006

4 Likes

So youā€™re the one who released Howard Webb on the world, eh?

1 Like
3 Likes

Not worth getting excited about the opinion of Carlton Palmer - not that Iā€™m saying you are.

A bit like a new signing lean photograph, Iā€™ll wait to see pics of him in training before getting excited at the prospect of his return.

Given Covid is causing postponements to fixtures, he may well end up featuring at the tail end of the season.

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy he just follow the timeline, and nothing bad comes up. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yeah I only expect to see him play again if we go late into the season in the CL or if the season is broke for 4-6 weeks

7 Likes

Failed him must have been passed by the Man U supporters trust :wink:

Season canā€™t be delayed very much. It canā€™t interfere with the Euros. Even if they somehow squeeze a circuit breaker of some kind in I still doubt itā€™s enough to have realistic hopes of VvD being back in time. They wonā€™t change the schedule for the Euros just due to whatā€™s going on in England. Our clubs will have to respect the international break meaning the season has to be finished first, called incomplete, voided or last few games finished without international players called up by their national sides (which would include VvD if fit so we still wouldnā€™t have him). The only way VvD plays for us again this season is if heā€™s fit before end of May and thats nearly a month earlier than the most optimistic educated (sorry Palmer you donā€™t count) guesses.

7 Likes

Baby steps, big guy, baby steps :+1:

5 Likes

I beginning to feel more and more that its a mistake to play him at all this year. We should just struggle with who we have at CB atm, rather than risk him for a few game, where he is probably not going to be at his best anyway.

3 Likes

Then- hopefully- the Dutch donā€™t select him for the Euros and he gets the whole summer off to fully recover. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s not very cynical you old git

1 Like

Iā€™ve had lots to drink this evening. Needed it after that match.

4 Likes

Bloody hellā€¦

Sunny up in Liverpool todayā€¦

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

You are not alone.
Itā€™s taken me 10 pints to even venture on here.

When I sober up I may read the pre post match threads.

I may just twat myself in nuts and mark them both as read and take the lesser pain.

1 Like

Dubai mate.

2 Likes

Breaking covid rules just to kick a ball about in the sun?

Van Dijk out!!!

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes