Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

Day can’t get any worst… Get well soon Van Dyk.

You get by until January and buy a centre half, that’s the only option.

1 Like

for this not to happen as a freak occurrence but from reckless play by that cunt, and then for him to somehow get away with it, is beyond infuriating

3 Likes

beglin, origi, van dijk, …

it must be hard playing in VVD’s shadow week in week out

So Its the perfect chance for some-one to step up to the mark and be the dominant CB in VVD’s absence,

2 Likes

The decision not to bring in a replacement for Lovren, has come back to really bite us on the arse. It didn’t make sense to me at the time and it certainly doesn’t make sense to me now.

2 Likes

Pickford studs were onto Van Dyks knee… VAR Reviewing and drawing lines on armpits :- Wait but his hair on his armpit was offside… Complete joke… FA abbreviates to F*** you A*******

8 Likes

We should have kept Loren, as he said himself one of the best cb’s in Europe.

1 Like

I blame This is Anfield forums.

This place is like the island on LOST. We should have never come to this place.

1 Like

Nah, he would have been a body to use and thats about it. Should have bought a centre half especially considering Matip is made of biscuits.

He’ll be back for the Champions League final!

5 Likes

Better get started on that Upamecano deal for January then.

5 Likes

If there’s concern, there’s crutches. But that doesn’t mean its bad. Any knock on your knee and its best to take precaution.

Definitely looks like he would have had some movement in his ligaments. Its definitely not a full tear as there’s no walking that off. Hopefully just a stretch and in a couple of weeks he’s back.

I love how the media have made it all doom and gloom with made up information.

1 Like

Is it PCL or ACL??

The difference is months!!!

1 Like

If he’s out for seven months that’s a fucking disgusting coda to an incident that should shame the Premier League.

An absolutely blatant assault that VAR felt no need to even take a look at, and Michael Oliver - who is the best referee in the league - didn’t even bother with. It was utterly disgraceful from Pickford first of all, and then from the officials.

That’s the best defender in the world out for a whole season of his prime and he may not come back the same. That short armed cunt will be back next week like nothing fucking happened. I can’t wait to watch him plummet down the leagues and find his level.

5 Likes

I hope someone from youth steps up. This could be the Trent moment for that CB position. It’ll still be time before we reach to that extend, because I feel we’ll have Fab and then Hendo to cover as next in line worst case scenario.

Billy, do be a hero.

3 Likes

Now’s your time Joe mate. Finding your 2019-20 form would be good.

1 Like

From Google :

Expected recovery usually occurs in about three months at which time swelling may be resolved and strength recovered. A full return to active sports is usually possible. If PCL reconstruction is needed, full recovery may take 9-12 months.

Can you walk with a torn PCL?

You may have trouble walking. If you only have mild damage to the PCL and no other parts of your knee, you may not notice pain, swelling, or other problems at first.

Posterior cruciate ligament.

1 Like