Virgil VAN DIJK: 2021/22

Also the standards he has set, it’ll be difficult to return to those immediately. He isn’t there yet for sure, but he isn’t completely off it as well. Midfield need to be on its best till then to provide adequate cover.

1 Like

I feel VVD (and Matip) is being used a bit too extensively considering they just returned from lengthy lay-off.

1 Like

They’ll both get the Preston game off.

We’ll first see who gets the United game alongside Virgil, if Matip really plays 3 full games in a week. Not saying it’s impossible, but I wouldn’t say it’s certain to happen. And then yeah, against Preston it’s almost surely Konate and Gomez. Maybe we judge that the Watford game wasn’t really intense.

He was unfortunately quite awful on that second goal. He got turned inside out by a little angled pass and take. Poor body position. He’s still imperious alot of the time and has showed the afterburners everyone now and then so I do think it’s more rust than the knee not allowing him to do what he does. Hopefully.

5 Likes

Matip and VVD has played 10 of our 12 games this season. Add to that the four NT games VVD played. I think they are being squeezed a bit harder than they should be. Specially given there are two perfectly good CB in Gomez and Konate.

3 Likes

Virg still hasn’t lost a game at Anfield and only has 7 draws here?? What in the absolute fuck?!

2 Likes

Thought he was poor again, really worrying he seems to have completly lost his voice at the back. with the knock on effect a complete lack of organisation in our back 4.

It’s hard to work out exactly who is causing the problems but our defensive shape is all over the place, the amount of times we try to play offside and someone is playing them on is in the multiples per game.

Also 3rd or 4th time in the box a player has twisted away from Virgil with ease, that’s 2 goals now.

Are we overplaying him? Especially considering he’s now playing again for Holland.

2 Likes

Unforced changes to his partner and DM is surely not going to help after a year out. Changing both is next to suicide imo.

I read somewhere that he is yet to lose at Anfield as a Liverpool player.
Amazing if true.

1 Like

53 games in the league so far with 45 wins. Impressive stuff. He was in the team that lost to Atletico in the CL,

Ok, league games.

Hope he is back soon :pray:

So…i guess VVD is pursuring an acting career now

1 Like

The big man is back :+1:

1 Like

Great! Although keeper looks like he was sleeping

Meh…

fluke x 3…

10 Likes
2 Likes