Welcome to LFC: Ben Davies

Welcome Ben. This is a win/win signing.

Is he the Welsh VVD?!

1 Like

Adamโ€™s brother? :thinking:

Welcome to Liverpool, Ben. Just try your best; I have faith that you will surprise a lot of people.

1 Like

If heโ€™s got pace + 200 appearances at championship level, he could be a shrewd cheap stopgap for us

2 Likes

Welcome to LFC, Ben!

A minor move in my book, one which wonโ€™t drastically change the fate of this season. Maybe, after some adaptation time, heโ€™ll be a useful back-up for the first team, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Omg! I forgot his first name, lol!

1 Like

I wondering, why LFC powers that be left these signings very late in the window?

It would have been useful if we had them a couple of weeks earlier

1 Like

Matip being out for the season probably helped push them along, though these deals werenโ€™t being done several weeks ago.

2 Likes

Matip and Fabinho injuries forced their :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:.

2 Likes

I think Fabinho is ok but him and Hendo pick up niggles here and there from time to time if they happened to be both out youโ€™d have a back line of Phillips and Rhys Williams and though Phillips has impressed me in the last two games, Williams is far from ready yet to play regularly where Kabak and Davies have more long term experience at higher levels.

Championship is like the 7th or 8th biggest league in the world isnโ€™t it? Anyhow we have depth now that not only gives us options but allows rotation I canโ€™t see Davies and Kabak start together but they will be rotated with Fabinho and/or Henderson

Strong name, Davies, speaking from experience, but heโ€™s English, isnโ€™t he?

1 Like

Wonder what the hierarchy will be?

I think Fabinho will stay in for the rest of the season fitness permitting, will be interesting to see who the 2nd CB will be. Right now Iโ€™d say Phillips has the shirt but Davies has far more experience and might get the nod once heโ€™s settled.
Williams will probably only play if we have more rotten luck.
Wouldnโ€™t be surprised to see Henderson in there for the big games eitherโ€ฆnothing would surprise me anymore.

Kabak? Iโ€™d imagine heโ€™d be ahead of Phillips and Daviesโ€ฆ

1 Like

'Kinell, forgot all about him. Weโ€™re spoiled for choice!!

1 Like

great deal.
both celtics and rangers wanted him and host of other teams .
lets all remember VVD started in celtics

Good luck mate. I think he will come good. You could feel he is overwhelmed by this move and will give his all once he gets his chance.

They seem to compliment each other quite well, especially with one being a RCB and the other a LCB;

1 Like

Have to say I love that interview, hope he actually proves all the doubters wrong.

2 Likes

The way a lot of folks on here dismissing this signing as jus another โ€œklavanโ€, or โ€œcaulkerโ€ signing are going to be pleasantly surprised. i have a feeling this guy is going to prove to be a very astute signing. If he can handle the championships, he will be fine at this level. The championships is known for its physicality, which he obviously has done very well in and most players coming into the PL struggle with. The main challenge at PL level for him will be the speed and technical ability of the playersโ€ฆ quite a few defenders and attackers have made the jump to the PL recently and done jus fine. I have faith in our scoutingโ€ฆ I will go as far as saying, he might turnout to be a better signing than kabakโ€ฆ

3 Likes

Just watched his interview on LFC TV. He seems like a really nice lad. Interviewer kept asking him the same moronic questions over and over again. He does look a bit star struck though which is understandable. I really hope he starts well. He has the best coach in the world to develop him now. You never know - there have been late bloomers in the past. Expectations arenโ€™t high of him though so he has nothing to lose.

2 Likes