Welcome to Liverpool, Arthur!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Nice, I like this signing. Admittedly I havenā€™t watched him since he played for Barca, but I liked him there. And itā€™s an unexpected signing late in the window, which is fantastic.

With the option to buy in mind, maybe a Keita replacement if he ends up leaving? Could be in terms of player type and the role Iā€™m guessing heā€™ll play.

5 Likes

Good to see,with the injuries and the games coming up a decent mid was a must.Don know much about him,but if injuries are not a problem he will be a welcome addition.

1 Like

When he went from BarƧa to Juve, with Pjanić going the other way, the perception seemed to be that Juve had ripped off BarƧa. Turns out they ripped off each other.

I think heā€™s an interesting player.

1 Like

Iā€™m cautiously optimistic about this one. We needed back up. We got back up. From what I have learnt of him (today!) he sounds like an interesting prospect. Feeling reasonably positive about his potential impact in our midfield.

3 Likes

He seems to have the right mindset he has had a few setbacks and injuries plagued his time at Juve hopefully this is a fresh start for him and all that is somewhat behind him.

Players will pick up occasional ones but it seems he was coming back to the first team when we called. Worse scenario is he doesnā€™t do much and goes back to Turin.

Best scenario he actually delivers and we luck out.

3 Likes

Sort of pissed there is no option to buy because heā€™s going to be a hit.

1 Like

Juve have said there is an option to buy for 37.5m euros.

4 Likes

Yeah option to buy is there itā€™s in the contract Juve had to publish.

1 Like

So this and a few bob for Jude, budget spent.

1 Like

Option to buy is helpful. Win win.

Assume he trains tomorrow and may even be on the bench sat.

1 Like

Interesting we are once again net zero when it comes to transfers. Interesting buy but he sounds like a buy to recycle the ball on the park. Keep the ball moving and pushing the opposition backwards, much like Gini.
I doubt Klopp would entertain the idea if he saw no value.

The rumours this morning was that he was fit but not match fit however that he felt he could play Saturday. Be interesting to see the bench as he wonā€™t start.

Heā€™ll go back to Juve and Juve will flog him to some club like Torinoā€¦ainā€™t no way they mugging us off.

Jude for Salah money or wages of Adrian Milner Ox Naby Firmino = budget spent.

Sky sports reporting info from Juve,s statement saying if we were to buy Arthur next summer we wouldnā€™t have to pay the fee till the following year.

From what I read we have an option to buy free for 37.5m euros. If Arthur turns out to be a massive hit, that will be a no brainer buy. Hope this works out for us. He wasnā€™t top of my radar, but itā€™s a low risk rental to see if he can help and fit in at LFC.

4 Likes

Always exciting to see a new signing. Could be a hit or miss, but on loan wouldnā€™t matter much. Seen little of him at Barca and the All or nothing on Copa America. Hope the Brazilian lads make him settle well in.

1 Like

Pretty much a no-risk signing, apart from the wages, which must be quite high. Well done to the club for inserting a fixed buy-clause (for once, itā€™s us doing this to an Italian clubā€¦ :joy:). If he turns out adapting well to the club and the league, the fee will be ā€˜reasonableā€™. If not, he goes back to Italy.

In any case, itā€™s a further body in midfield for this season. An experienced player with top-club and international experience. I just hope that his fitness profile is good, as it seems that weā€™ll have to use him extensively.

Welcome to LFC, Arthur, enjoy the occasion and do your best to earn yourself a permanent move! Onwards and upwards!

5 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s high, he wasnā€™t one of their star players. Besides, the wages will be shared.

We can always offer to pay that in 37 installments over next five years :laughing: