1st game in 3 years for us (?)
hope he doesn’t feature against Villa though, don’t rush him…
1st game in 3 years for us (?)
hope he doesn’t feature against Villa though, don’t rush him…
I’m still trying to understand this forum. This is a genuine question. Why is this thread open but ‘welcome Alexander Isak’ is closed? I’m assuming there must be a good reason why someone has decided to lock it, but I just can’t see what it is.

This a thread that somebody opened when we signed Ramsey. Ramsey has never had his own player thread in the Kirkby section because he has never had that much prominence in the squad.
It goes like this.
General rumours for transfer gossip
When a rumour becomes more concrete, it gets it own dedicated thread.
When the player signs someone will generally make a welcome thread (like this one) and the rumour thread is closed.
if it’s a significant signing for the first team, that player will get a player thread in Kirkby, and the welcome thread will fade away. These get refreshed every season.
Ramsey recently got a start out of nowhere, and this prompted some discussion and people used this thread as a venue for it.
Please let this drop now.
By the way, don’t create new player threads in Kirkby. There is no rule against it, but @Nikola has a particularly aggressive form of OCD and he will hunt you down and kill you🤣
What do you mean ‘please let this drop’. Am I not allowed to ask for clarification on your rules so I know what is allowed and what isn’t?
You’ve been banging on about it for ages, and it’s become a bee in your bonnet.
And if you must take issue, it is better to raise it in one of the forum feedback section than in the thread.
You’ve had very little to say about fucking up the post match thread on Sunday, by the way. Just a reflection.
I’m trying to work out the rules that’s all. I see what I consider to be contradictions sometimes, so I want clarification and will continue to ask members for help if I don’t understand it. Your explanation was good - you don’t have to be a prick about it though.
What are you on about ‘the post match thread on Sunday??’
I sent you a private message about it. And mentioned it in the post match thread. And mentioned it in the pre match.
Nothing more here though - this isn’t about Calvin Ramsey.
![]()
𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗔𝗟: Liverpool defender Calvin Ramsay has joined St Mirren on loan for the 2026-27 season, subject to international clearance.
Subject to international clearance???
He’s Scottish
Never even heard of this lad..so probably won’t miss him.
He played a few times in this preseason
The last of a dying breed at the club.
In what sense? Permanently injured?
Let’s remember if it’s British players we have three youngsters in the first team on Sunday, Rio, Koumas and Nyoni.
You can point to Trent but let’s be honest having 3 youngsters like that is more than we had any time before Klopp where it was often only Gerrard and Carragher with the odd guy occasionally.
I do think the major concern I had with Slot is he tried to square pegs in round holes instead of trusting.
There is also Bradley if he ever gets fit.
Under Rodgers we had Gerrard, Carra, Sturridge, Sterling, Clyne, Ibe, Hendo, Milner, Lallana, Allen, Ings and others
Only three of them came through the youth side though.
And two of them had been ever present since Houllier.
He really isn’t adding much and we’ve got another right back who is permanently injured.
Prior to Klopp, Sterling, Flanagan, Ibe came through the system during the previous few years. There’s always been a few but not all went on to have good careers, and that maybe happens or not to the 3 you’ve mentioned. Even some of those who got games under Klopp are still waiting to make significant breakthrough, although Kelleher, Wilson and a couple of other have done very well for themselves.
Fucks sake. I thought we’d signed someone.