Welcome to Liverpool Cody Gakpo

David Lynch@dmlynch
As per @_pauljoyce/@neiljonesgoal, Liverpool working to sign Cody Gakpo from PSV Eindhoven. Would have been a target for the coming summer but plans have been moved forward with the player available now and interest from elsewhere.

Ben Doak and/or Kaide Gordon could be our new right-sided forwards.

4 Likes

Pffft, dont recall any Beatles songs with his name in the title

1 Like

Our best attack have best balance when we have one play maker ( Firmino), one Dribbler ( Mane) and one target man ( Salah) , We already replace the Dribbler with Diaz, Nunez is runner/ target man like Salah and he is Salah replacement IMO, then the missing piece in front three is the play maker. Does Gakpo abble to do that ? I donā€™t know. But he does have many assist as goals, itā€™s a good sight. Maybe Klopp still will keep Nunez on the left, develop him into Salahā€™s right side version, Gakpo will play false 9 like Diaz when come back will play like traditional winger in the right, Itā€™s also let Diaz cover Trent more.

First Iā€™ve seen of him. He looks like another Diaz to me. :+1:

1 Like

I have not heard of you but I do like your name. .

Matip 195cm
Konate 194cm
Virgil 193cm
Gakpo 189cm.

This is how I like to see the deals done. No fanfare, just the announcement once itā€™s done and dusted.

However credit to @Dutch for posting this ā€œunreliableā€ rumour back in January:

4 Likes

Abort!! Abort!!!

The Caf has spoken!!!

He is an average version of Martial

3 Likes

At that rate, teams will be wanting to concede penalties against us rather than corners.

1 Like

A bottle of Laphroaig AND more schadenfreude than I can stomach??

What a week!!!

3 Likes

I thought Martial was an average version of Martial. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

As you posted that I was honestly typing to askā€¦

How average is average x average??

Once again, Voetbal International proves to be a throroughly reliable source, itā€™s astounding.

1 Like

Didnā€™t realise he had been captain and heā€™s two footed so you can see why weā€™d like that flexibility. There is space for a player for sure. Exciting times.

Itā€™s the same league that gave us Luis Suarez :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

2 Likes

And Ryan Babel.

:joy:

For sure thereā€™s been a lot of players thatā€™ve come from the Eredivisie to the Prem and flopped for sure but if you go back enough thereā€™s also been some greats.

Gakpo could well turn out to be another El Ghazi but I have enough trust and belief in Klopp and out recruitment team to suggest this will work in tandem.

He seems to be genuinely equally adept with right and left foot which is a great advantage.

6 Likes

That was a long time ago, the Dutch league was much stronger then.

Love to be wrong btw.

2 Likes