Welcome to Liverpool Cody Gakpo

It’s his job.

January transfer window approaches, festive period or not, that kind of job is the one you take with you at home.

8 Likes

Simply out of curiosity, is there a particular player you would liken him to? Potentially how good he might become.

2 Likes

About Nunez’s fee? I have faith he’ll meet all the add on clauses. :sunglasses:

reveals united GIF
:rofl:

3 Likes

Raw pace, fearlessness, will take anyone on and scores goals… its not a perfect comparison but Michael Owen springs to mind when I watch him play.

2 Likes

You’re correct of course, although its not always been the way at this club. Can think of a few directors who have treated it as a 9-5.

The amount of times I remember reading transfer stories with 1 week left in the window and the final line would be something like “Rick Parry is on holiday in Mexico”.

10 Likes

I still think £1m for Trevor Francis was taking the piss.

2 Likes

I thought medical first then the welcome.

1 Like

That was a snip compared to Steve Daley.

2 Likes

Hahahaha I bet a United fan wrote this :rofl::rofl:

Dumb fucks paid 80M+ for Antony who is barely worth half that and suddenly they’re worried about a 40 M valuation :rofl:

4 Likes

Klopp and the players were hardly smashing the turkey and wine into them either

1 Like

Love seeing all the salty Scum fans on twitter already slating this guy like they have Nunez for the sole reason they chose us over them all the meanwhile their mess of a club were paying 500k a week for a player to warm their bench and giving interviews basically telling us what we all knew, how shit they are.

The bitterness running deep.

2 Likes

Or Andy Carroll.

So he is a Piet Keizer type of player?

1 Like

February or March, after he feels our training sessions.

:joy:

In the stands for Leicester.

4 Likes

Nah, Piet Keizer was an elegant player one who took pride in getting off the pitch after 90 minutes without a spot on his kit :sunglasses:, not a power player like Gakpo.

Marks for knowing Keizer though … :+1:

I’m not surprised.
He’s 68 and hasn’t played football for years :wink:

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ve seen the same article on Thiago and Nunez.

I think the biggest question is what sort of player is he really going to be. My understanding is that despite his performances for the Dutch in the world cup he isnt really a striker and so is probably more naturally comfortable in Mane’s old role with that being the obvious immediate fit in Diaz’s absence. But I’ve seen comments of him being viable in midfield? Is it possible that’s what we’re earmarking him for, especially when Diaz is back? A way to get us more of a forward thinking goal threat from midfield? As an option as the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1?

Aye, worth pointing out that Arsenal are now being heavily linked to Mudryk with public reports that Shaktar wont consider listening for under e100m

1 Like