Welcome to Liverpool Cody Gakpo

Add Alisson to the list and my wife would like to know how big they are in the showers.

Depends on if the waterā€™s cold. At least thatā€™s the excuse I give in the shower

2 Likes

I wish Gakpo winning multiple trophies and thriving with Liverpoolā€™s shirt. The club needed a forward and we still need reinforcement in midfield. Gakpoā€™s stats are really good, but I still have huge doubts about the quality of the Dutch league.

Still trying to remember the last dutch player signed directly from their league and this player being e real success in the Premier league. For us it was Kuyt, real workhorse, fighter and a player who always left his heart on the pitch, but that was 16 years ago.

Players such as de Jong, de Light, Klaassen, Blind, van den Beek, Depay were all touted as huge prospects, but at the moment none of them looks like a superstar. Maybe de Jong, but still Xavi prefers Gavi, Busquets and Pedri in the big matches.

Looking at the Dutch players who played for Liverpool, this is the list - Meijer, Westerveld, Kromkamp, Zenden, Babel, Kuyt, Van Dijk,Wijnaldum, Ki Jana Hoever and Sepp van den Berg.

Westerveld, Kuyt, Gini and Virgil were/are definitely a success. Babel was decent signing, but he never fully realized his huge potential. Kromkamp, Meijer and Zenden failed. Hoever was a good signing for the club from financial point of view. While Sepp is still work in the progress and I have hopes for him.

Hopefully Gakpo will be a success for us like Virgil, Gini and Kuyt. Now if we add Moukoko in a free transfer, our forward line will be fine for the next 7-8 years.

Time to add at least two quality midfielders and my hopes are Caicedo and Bellingham. Enzo Fernandez for 120 mln. euro will probably join $ity, PSG ot Newcastle. Iā€™d take glaldy Rice, if we fail with Jude, but Caicedo is a must signing. Top player, who at the moment is going under the radar of the rich oil guys, because his country did not have the best World cup campaign, but the boy is a real beast and his price is much lower than Enzo Fernandezā€™s and Judeā€™s.

5 Likes

Suarez came directly to us from the Eredivisie too. Itā€™s fair to say that he took a year or so to adapt, but he had the exact same age than Cody Gakpo now when he joined us. If that lad has the potential and can stay fit, then heā€™ll most likely be a success for us.

1 Like

But he wasnā€™t Dutch. :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to Liverpool, Cody Gakpo!

Some cool stats about our new left winger.

Over the past 2 seasons in all competitions he has scored 24 goals and 27 assists in 50 matches.
So not only can Gakpo score, heā€™s a creative player who can set up goals for other players.

Last but not least, Cody Gakpo stands at an imposing 6ā€™4 and solid 168 lbs.
At the very least Iā€™m confident his body will be ready for the premier league, as a lot of those smaller quick fullbacks will be bouncing off him with that big body of his

1 Like

tbf, if he does go a bit Babel itā€™ll be hilarious when he tweets pics of all the Manc refs in City shirts.

2 Likes

Just watched a comp of his 55 PSV goals, and one thing thatā€™s really noticeable is how many finishes he puts right in the corner. Like off the post in the corner. Lad can finish.

7 Likes

whatā€™s his injury record?

Grinch Laughing GIF | GIFDB.com

but will he survive our training and conditioningā€¦?

1 Like

To all 13 year olds or under on the site (or those of an IQ equivalent) Iā€™m trademarking ā€˜Gakpooā€™, ā€˜Cackpoā€™ & ā€˜Cackpooā€™ so youā€™ll have to come up with your own hilarious nickname if he doesnā€™t score or assist in every match he plays.

1 Like

Or the Klopp bear hug?

1 Like

Poody Gakpo is mine.

Edit. Poody Cakpoo

Bellingham 1.86m

Thatā€™s cheap.

2 Likes

Anyway, does this mean we donā€™t have the money ( or desire ) for Bellingham now? rumour is he has his heart set on RM ( fool )

Iā€™ll go with Bloody Cackpot.

According to marcaā€¦ so basically made up to benefit Realā€¦

2 Likes

Will Cody be in the squad for Brentford on Monday?

Has he arrived or is the flight from Holland delayed?