Welcome to Liverpool Ibrahima Konate

just glanced at redcafe to see the fume.

2 Likes

Virgil clocked in at 34.5km/h. Someone like Mbappe sprinting would cause any CB a problem. Thatā€™s not the main concern anyway. You donā€™t need to be caught in a position when the CB is supposed to chase down a speedy winger/center forward.

1 Like

Read this if you have any doubt.

This is exactly what weā€™ve been talking about in the Konate thread, The Boss fully sanctioned this signing, Konate is ā€œhisā€ type of player. To that end the club simply wouldnā€™t throw around that level of investment in times likes these if they didnā€™t think he couldnā€™t come here to challenge for a starting spot.

Really excited about this one. Quality player with a world of upside.

9 Likes

Iā€™m nervous (maybe even anxious), hopeing and of course excited. I want this to work out so lots of hope but as always will be negative even extremely negative until I see what Iā€™m hopeing for. :wink:
Welcome Ibou and do us proud!

1 Like

Can you link please? Canā€™t see fume but should be editing videosā€¦

I hope he stays fit! Iā€™m still concerned after finding out his injury historyā€¦

ā€œLiverpool getting their business done earlyā€¦AGAIN. i really hope Utd donā€™t dcik around too long in the transfer windowā€¦AGAIN.ā€

"I know. Although Iā€™m never sure whether we really are that incompetent or whether all that player monitoring talk or talk about who we want is just to appease the fans when in reality we arenā€™t going to spend shit anyway.

I mean that last briefing alone is way too good to be true. 4 players? Never."

"Something weā€™ll never ever do.
Which boils my blood.

I mean we have all season to plan transfers and it blows my mind to think that we dont appear to start negotiations until the window opens.

We should be announcing signings the day after the fecking window opens not scrambling about the night before trying to sign some mid range player."

7 Likes

And Gomez is even quicker (34.8km/h). Heā€™s actually the fastest player in the squad.

4 Likes

I meant in training buddyā€¦

Join the dots.

Oui?

1 Like

The comment about them still monitoring Fabinho made me laugh,and so did Nobby Ketia.

3 Likes

Well thatā€™s different! Love it.

6 Likes

Yeah , those lot have learned to laugh at themselves.

You love to see it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Heā€™s got all the traits, hopefully he puts it all together for us. Two man mountains with speed playing CB for us is a mouth watering prospect. Best of luck to him!

3 Likes

images
Say hello to my little friend

2 Likes

Despite the fee I wouldnā€™t be shocked to see him in a backup role for the initial part of next season at least. If Gomez and van Dijk are fit I still expect them to start with Matip the primary backup and Konate allowed some room to develop behind them.

We are not scared of 40m players sitting on the bench. Look at Jota. One day heā€™ll start every game for us, but not yet.

5 Likes

Any ideas for his song?

Vengaboys - ā€˜We like Konateā€™.

Itā€™s such a terrible idea it might just work!

5 Likes

No but apparently everyone calls him ā€˜Ibouā€™.
Seems easy enough even for me 'Ibou, Ibou, Ibou, ā€¦

Glad we did this very swiftly.

It seemed obvious it would happen but no messing for 2 weeks when he will sign.

Hopefully we get to see some minutes on Monday.