Welcome to Liverpool Ibrahima Konate

So, we’ve tied up Konate. Now he’s joining up with France U21 where presumably Konate will be speaking to persuade Camavinga to come and join him at Liverpool (they also share the same agent). That’s why Bissouma link was dismissed by Pearce, we’re in for Camavinga instead…

Right?

15 Likes

4 Likes

Today three years ago (two days after Kiev) I remember getting back to Boston after the long weekend and seeing we signed Fabinho. I knew he was decent but had no idea he was among the best DMs in the world and that United wanted him (I think we can safely say Fab > Fred), but what I remember thinking was “no rumors, no drama, signed a 50 million player within 48 hours of the UCL final, that’s good business.” Had no idea how good it was, but let’s hope 5/28 proves a good transfer day for us again!

6 Likes

Welcome to Liverpool Ibrahima Konate, hoping your injuries are behind you.

2 Likes

Sounds like OGS’s rating as a manager.

6 Likes

Welcome to Liverpool! :slight_smile: If only we had gotten you last January!

10 Likes

After enduring a whole spring’s worth of Europeans mispronouncing ‘Rhys’ as ‘Rice’ Williams, maybe it’s only fair that it takes us a couple of weeks to get this new lad’s name right.
But it’s got a stress accent on the last syllable.
konaTÉ.

1 Like

His name is easy to pronounce if you break it down:

Kon- to rhyme with Ron
Nat- as in Phillips
Tay- to rhyme with hay, but a bit shorter

2 Likes

Yep exactly. ko na TAY not ke NAR tay

1 Like

Pundits/commentators will no doubt fuck up how you pronounce it.

4 Likes

I’m not so easily influenced :smirk:

1 Like

Good find.
He also had health problems as a youth and had an operation that in his own words ‘put me back a bit, however after I was able to progress much faster’.
I haven’t found any info on what this/these health problems were and when you see what you posted nor do very many people (I mean why wasn’t this mentionned as well). Yet I couldn’t find anything about ‘hip flexor’ or recent operation in France either and was just assuming his problems were either thigh or calf so that clarifies things a lot.

Like Canal+ Fr commentary saying Kasper shmy-shell?

Makes me want to put something sharp into my ears each time.

3 Likes

Yeah, would have finished top 4 oh.

Very glad with him, winning football starts from the back.

3 Likes

I’ll call him Ibra

Ultimately we can relax in the knowledge that Klopp knows centre backs better than any of us

2 Likes

Why?
His mum calls him Ibou. :wink:

3 Likes

No matter what I do
All I think about is you
Even when I’m with Ibou
You know I’m crazy over you

3 Likes