Welcome to Liverpool Ibrahima Konate

to the 'flag boy 'song (you know; my flag boy and your flag boy were sitting by the fire)

ibou, ibou,
ibou konate
winning all the headers, in the box
ibou konate

Cyndi Lauper - Iko Iko - Bing video

7 Likes

We have a winner. This is the one. Love it! :medal_sports:

4 Likes

Good job David Pleat isn’t commentating anymore.

3 Likes

Over the moon with this one,just stay fit,we will expect to see a lot of you in time.
Welcome to Liverpool!

5 Likes

Pretty sure it was him commenting on the Europa League final coverage that I had.

I saw you praising him in another post, but don’t know enough myself. Physical, fast, good technique and good in the air is what I know but it’s just from reading others. Have you followed him a bit in Germany ?

1 Like

Not as closely as I follow Hertha but watch enough BuLi that I was hyping this kid back on TIA. I even posted back there that I liked him a bit better than Upamecano. They’re both fantastic young defenders but I feel like he could be a really special player, I think I’m most excited to see him develop under JK and his staff. It’s not often that a player you like playing for some other club gets signed by the club you follow.

But like The Boss said in his statement today, he’s still a boy and has plenty room to grow. He still has to come in and learn the system and what’s expected of him. The sky is the limit for him playing next to Virgil.

It’s 100% a transfer that Liverpool supporters should be really excited about.

9 Likes

Oh believe me, I am ! I have read only good things ! I also noticed that his injuries weren’t as many as some said (you posted something above and I read a journalist saying the same).
I just hope people don’t expect instant impact. Despite him getting a preseason, most players need something like half a season (some a whole) to get used to the Premier League for real. So yeah, I hope people won’t have the knives out after 6-7 matches if he plays “badly” in the beginning.

2 Likes

Yes! Completely agree. That is my number 1 biggest fear for him. The expectation will be very high from supporters. So I suspect The Boss will protect him.

The other intangible that remains to be seen is how he will need to adjust to is the level of professionalism at this club. It’s a massive jump in expectations, pressure, and professionalism for him coming to Liverpool.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/0eEL_4lRFgI

1 Like

Fans will praise players into the sky before they should (Keita and “power-cube” as an example) and they will denigrate others far too soon; that’s fandom for many. But yeah, I hope fans won’t see him as the important cog in the defence in the first 10 games or so. Maybe he will be, but then we are lucky in truth. Second half of the season though, that’s when I start to expect major things from new players. I really, really hope he will make it ! Certainly sounds incredibly exciting as a player, as he ticks those boxes ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By the way, if you’re wondering if Ibrahima is excited to come to Liverpool, check out his IG story. I think he shared every IG post that announced or celebrated his transfer. :joy:

4 Likes

Could you be as kind as to link it, as I am not on instagram so I probably can’t use the search function there ? I am really intrigued about this player !
Edit: nevermind, google helped me :smiley:

Second edit: except I see nothing but pictures there. Oh well.

Third edit: but he does post stuff on twitter :wink: https://twitter.com/ibrahimakonate_

2 Likes

All I do, is think about Ibou

https://youtu.be/BMxPsZuouY8

1 Like

Nice. But that tackle from behind in the box is going to be a penalty here.

3 Likes

reminds me a bit of Torres Phsyique in that his Glutes make his upper body appear small.

he either needs to work on his upper body or his Glutes are fucking hella pumping.

1 Like

Gotta say I don’t know much about him but from some of these videos I’m seeing (I know I know, anybody can look good in these videos) but the bloke looks a complete baller.

Crazy to think that VVD is gonna struggle to get a game next season with Konate and Phillips obviously in front of him in the pecking order.:eyes:

2 Likes

Important to mention is that he’s “locked” as a France player now, can’t change to play for Mali par example.

Rule says when you play an official U21 game aged 22, you can’t change your senior colours anymore.

1 Like

:tada: No AFCON!!! :tada:

6 Likes

He started off as a striker and from the video likes getting forward even more than Phillps. Ibou and Nat will become the terrors of opposition defenses. :rofl: