Welcome to the Metaverse nahh the TANverse

Hey guys,

you might have noticed the little chat bubble at the top of your screen. Live chat, with live chat rooms.

Its all about keeping us more connected. Its a bit of an experiment for now. Take a look, say hello :wink:

If we like it, we can start using it on match days. You can set up you own private chat groups, what ever.

3 Likes

See it being handy for in match chat.

1 Like

What does this mean for matchday threads? :exploding_head: :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Now that you brought it up, it seems that ISMF has already scheduled a zoom call and will be calling you, @Kopstar and @Iftikhar in and inform you 3 of the impending redundancies ā€¦

The end of the world as we know it.

Itā€™s just an experiment, we have no idea how well it will work. Very much a beta. The chat software is very new. No one has used it before on a live forum. :wink:

Current thinking (if it works well) is pre-match thread and post match thread. Whilst the more emotional driven/ stuff that we donā€™t want a permanent copy might work better in chat.

Itā€™s an experiment for now. Might work it might not :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Will be great for those times I canā€™t resist any longer the urge to tell you all what I really think of you.

@PeachesEnRegalia your moment has finally arrived. Have your pot noodle at the ready, SYBM is giving it the ā€˜come hitherā€™.

1 Like

Should be interesting for in game chat when youā€™ve got 1 person watching ā€œliveā€ and another on a stream 3-5 minutes behind.

When Iā€™m streaming the last thing I want is somebody telling me what happens before it happens. You can kind of control that with the in match thread by never catching up to the latest posts.

3 Likes

So we will need 2 or 3 in game chats based on streaming lagā€¦

will the posts from chat be archived as well? in case want to visit later or thereā€™s a time after which itā€™ll disappear?

@Colossal_centre_back see how thread links up to chat (click little yellow bubble)

Thatā€™s an example of moving a post

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly the type of thing I will be interested in. Something I had never considered.

Not sure if you will be able to do the same or not in the chat.

Got it. Thanks. Makes sense though to keep the chat separate. Going to miss couple of games so was wondering if itā€™ll be possible to catch up like in normal thread.

1 Like

Yes it should be :blush:

1 Like

Donā€™t understand this, is it typing your message or vocals, can we see each other.

100% loss with the chat in place. Get fucking rid.

3 Likes

I dropped the ball a bit with this, I should have smoothed the transition to chat a bit more. Some people were a bit lost.

As I said itā€™s an experiment at the moment.

Help me understand what worked, what didnā€™t work ?

As it is so early I can influence the developers to make it fit our needs (if we decide to keep it)

2 Likes

We lost and @Kopstar 's got the shits because his shiny record is fucked.

2 Likes