Welcome to the Metaverse nahh the TANverse

Personal chat group with people you want to talk to in real time ? A very excellent and a good idea.

Match Thread real time chat ? Please don’t use that for match thread or long threads again. My opinion.

Could we not have both then everyone is happy.

Coincidence I Think Not GIF

2 Likes

How do you leave the chat? Or stop getting notifications of new messages?

Turn internet off. :grinning:

You can join or leave chat groups by opening chat, clicking on the little pencil icon, click browse channels :blush:

Using both defeats the point - we want everyone in one place as a community. People would just feel like they’d have to check two places for all the conversation.

I think the in game is the only thing that we’d really want to use this for. It’s the only thing in our community that live chatting and a more immediate experience really works for.

I’ll be honest that one of the attractions of the chat for me is that we often find that people posting in a match thread while they have their chimps out and are prone to saying heat of the moment stuff can be a bit of a problem. It might be better if these comments weren’t left up on the boards in perpetuity.

It’s worth saying that the only difference I can see between the chat and and the usual match thread is the layout and a more immediate posting style. I can’t see much functionality that doesn’t exist - replies, reactions etc.

It would be interesting to know if people just prefer the usual match thread or just didn’t understand the chat. If it’s the latter then it might be worth having another go.

Final point, now and then we might want to try things with the forum and do some experiments with the new functionality that @ISMF1 finds for us. It would be really helpful if people could engage with this in good spirits and not act like bellends when we do. If you don’t like things, that’s fine and we’ll always follOw what the community wants with stuff like this. One poster in particular really pissed me off tonight by attempting undermine the chat by inviting people to use a different (off topic) thread for in match comments. That’s really not on, and feels a bit disrespectful to be honest.

1 Like

At first it wouldn’t let me on…but couldn’t find how to change text in message…and then it threw me off…

Could be used as a general/open “hangout” kind of thing.

That’s great feedback.

That’s sounds like a fundamental issue. First thoughts is perhaps related to comparability with different systems/browsers or perhaps struggled with multiple simulations users. Did anyone else encounter this issue ?

Pls bear in mind I’m not very technical minded, but just kept trying…but got a bit confused with this chat and the usual pre/post pages…but hey ho we have to learn.

1 Like

Most people voted no to using it again, so I think we’ll probably leave it for now. Maybe try again in a while when we’ve got to grips with it a bit more.

1 Like

Yeah…I suppose anything new is daunting …but we’ll get there.

I didn’t read this thread prior and so simply had no idea what was going on, and so was a little frustrated with the lack of access to the various threads that seemed to be alternately being used and then locked. Maybe if you want to give it another try, more explanation and expectation setting might help engage with the trial run in better faith/spirits.

Tried to ignore the ‘grumpy twat’ but after ‘bellend’ it’s seems you want a reaction badly.

I gave it a chance. Showed posters how to join the chat. Stayed for an hour and was easily the one with the most posts until then.

Didn’t like it and should have left after 20 minutes.

I apologize for my final message in the chat before leaving but not for then posting in the PL thread. There were already people using that one. Posters who didn’t want to join the chat anyway or posters who didn’t knew about the new chat feature. You closing the Premier League thread was a bit embarrassing and maybe disrespectful too.

I did post an explanation in the pre-match and thought I had added notes explaining what was going on as we went. But we’ll take that on board if we look at in the future.

@ISMF1

• multiple consecutive messages were ‘merged’ to one post - didn’t like that one

• being able to like or react to your own messages is not cool :grimacing:

Looks like it went down like a lead balloon. :thinking:

This week I kicked 3 sites out of a clinical research database because I didn’t give adequate warning about downtime. So, I get it, it’s not always easy to know how to make the message clear and unmissable, but one post in a busy match thread (that few people will read all the way through) and one cryptically titled thread in a little used portion of the forum isn’t great warning for such a considerable change in approach.

What is the purported advantage of switching in game commentary from a thread to a live chat? I know we’ve had some problems in the past with match threads going down and people getting kicked out, so does the chat handle high volume usage better?

1 Like

Maybe, yeah. This was my experience.

We decided to run a bit of an experiment with the in game comments. Half way through a few lads decided they didn’t like the live chat (which is fine, and I said we’d gather some feedback afterwards and bin it off if people didn’t like it) a few lads started using the premier league thread for in game comments and you posted this in the chat

After I’d asked people to stop using the Premier League thread for the match comments, a few of you decided you’d completely ignore me and use the ‘Should German Red be taken off match threads’ instead?

Do you understand why that might be a bit annoying?

1 Like