What a hit, son! (Goals! Goals! Goals!)

As a youngster probably my favourite goal. Many an hour spent in the back yard trying to bend it round tree trunks into the goal, also made of trees. 3:05 into the video for the goal (just before it)

5 Likes

a different type of great goal. fantastic ball movement and link-up play resulted in this goal that got me up off the couch in amazement. haven’t seen many like this.

4 Likes

This is just one example of the misguided back handed compliment of Fowler so often being referred to as finisher. He was as good all around forward as there was

2 Likes

I watched the first two rounds of the Superliga in the hopes I’d have something to post here, but I have nothing, so does anyone remember this one? Kinda obscure, like.

2 Likes

I’m just annoyed that someone would rather watch a moment like that through a phone screen than just watch it normally. :rage::nerd_face:

5 Likes

This times a thousand. I hate it when I go to an event and all you see is mobile phones being held up.

Idiots.

2 Likes

Considering that penalty was for 3-3 I found the crowd reaction completely underwhelming

2 Likes

Think it is called shock and a delayed reaction…
Unbelievable game…
fingernails still haven’t grown back fully! :0)

2 Likes

My only experience of something similar (and perhaps even better) was the Barca game.

When the 3rd and 4th goal went in let me tell you we were shocked but we also went fucking mental!

I’ve never seen scenes like it before and if that’s as a 10/10 thé scenes in the video is a 3/10

2 Likes

I’m with you here, but give me poetic license. My earliest memory of football is the 96 FA Cup final.
My greatest memories are Istanbul and “Corner taken quickly…”. I was numb in those moments, and I posted a shite recording of Xabi’s…uhh…(it’s not my video, BTW).
I’m also a sentimental asshole, sometimes, and I have a wee drink, and Insua was one of the first lads I followed from the academy to the first team, so I’ll share this goal. I also love the lack of style in his celebration; it’s pure joy. Reminds me of Emlyn (the celebration, not as a player).

4 Likes

Is it overwhelming at Anfield?
I’ve not been to any PL game in 3/4 seasons, only a handful of European games, and none of those crowds have been particularly Instagram fixated.

I’ve not been for a couple of years, but Anfield has its fair share of day trippers with their phones out during the match. By all means take your video and capture the atmosphere pre-match, but once the game kicks off people should put their phones away.

At least those bloody jester hats, which were commonplace a decade or so ago, seem to have died a death. Thank fuck.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it more with gigs than football, but I don’t doubt you, and I agree, broadly, with your point.
I’ve met many of our players, but I only asked two people for a pic; Craig Bellamy and Mike Tyson (I know the latter didn’t play for us, unfortunately…).

Emile Heskey was nicknamed “Bruno” (he hated it) and we could sign Adama Traore, to add some muscle. :joy:

1 Like

Did both pose for a photo ok or was there any aggro?

I can imagine Bellamy being a horrible twat if you catch him at the wrong time

Bellamy was fucking lovely. It was in that chain wine bar by Newport station. Was it Yates’s? Can’t remember now.
I see what you mean, but he was opposite of what I expected. Very soft, quiet and calm.

Edit - a drunken ramble nobody should bother to read. Agger is probably the best experience I had meeting any of our boys. He refused to talk football, and he was a little bitchy if anyone tried, but otherwise he got everyone beers and generally acted as if he wasn’t a star.
One day, I’ll tell the story of the night I went out with Roy’s son, but legally I think it’s better to keep that one close to the chest for now.

1 Like

Tim Cahill vs Holland 2014

1 Like

On his weaker foot, no less.

1 Like

Reminds me of another one of his. Don’t think he even meant it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOmqDOi4DH0

Anyway, here’s one of my personal favorites as it was in the first tournament I ever watched.

Looking back on this Trezeguet looks a lot more malnourished than I remembered. :joy:

1 Like

Just seen this pop up on my timeline. Can’t wait to see some more of this.

8 Likes