What's happening?

A self-described “punk dive” bar in Manhattan’s LES. I’m starting to see that NYC’s definition of a dive bar is just any old place that serves shite beer in warm cans for $8.

I’m less clear on NYC’s definition of a “punk” bar. In Williamsburg, there are several country bars, with live music every night. It’s strange to see a bar full of stereotypical hipsters jumping up in unison when the lead singer asks if there are any David Allen Coe fans in the audience, as if the man didn’t pen such beauties as N------ Fucker.

Conversation is hard to come by. Everybody is staring at their phones. The rare times I do manage a conversation, it turns out they’re all from the Midwest. Nice people out there, I guess.

People also keep accusing me of being Irish.

Tldr - NYC, 1/10, someone help me get out of here.

2 Likes

“Being Irish” isn’t an accusation…
Its an exaltation

1 Like

That place both looks shit and sounds shit.

2 Likes

Nothing much, just waiting to get sleepy.

Try reading some of Cynical’s posts, that’ll soon do the trick.

2 Likes

St Patricks Day Drinking GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

1 Like

Do Royal Mail posties know what a doorbell is? This is the second time in a few months I worked from home waiting for the doorbell and it never rang. Suspicious I went downstairs to check and they’d left me the second receiver attempt card. Absolute bullshit! Complete liars if they say they rang the doorbell. I never have this problem with even dodgy couriers like Evri. They always ring the doorbell at least once.

1 Like

if you’re gonna get trashed in NYC, go to the upper west side where the college bars are. always cheap booze around uni’s.

or…https://www.tikichick.com/

“”Premium”

Tinned

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 Like

My postie isn’t bad, but fucking Amazon drivers do my head in.
If we’re going to be out, we leave a note on the door saying put parcels in grey wheelie bin (it’s the one for cardboard & paper).
Get home, and there’s the parcel, soaked on the doorstep.

At the risk of being abused, could it be that some Amazon drivers can’t read English?

OMG he has been hacked by @youknowwhotimist
:flushed:

1 Like

I’d say that’s possible, but I reckon it’s far more likely that they don’t get paid enough to care about whatever notes you write.

1 Like

or they think the note is a scam… for easy pickings out of the bin
Can’t be charged with stealing something if it has already been thrown away…

Remember having to collect my dad one night from the pub when he was a little worse for wear… walking down the road when in front of us a cat jumped out of a bin… Dad asked who on earth would throw a perfectly good cat out…

Taxi :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Email B2B solicitations ARGH. I dont dislike the solicitations per se, but the vapidity of the majority of them.

Hi, we specialize in [insert value prop that leaves you no clearer on what we do and how we can actually help you], and I expect you to just delete this without a second’s thought understanding that Im just sending this email in the interest of meeting my cold contact quota for the week.

you’re not the only one. they’re terrible.

Well if they carry on they’ll be getting paid a lot less

I’m not entirely sure of the correlation between earning more and caring more.

If it’s not in my heart, as a decent or reasonable human being, to show some thought towards someone else, I’m not sure a few more quid is going to make me care either.

We are pretty lucky with packages. They are either left on the covered front porch or the delivery companies are given access via an app to open our garage and put packages in there. If nobody is home for a stretch, it breaks up the monotony for the dogs, so they can bark at the door and watch it all unfold, thinking they are doing their job too :laughing:

@arminius check out the numbers on this. Considering the last voter turnout…

https://www.ourcommons.ca/petitions/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4701

Come on now, you know the rules.
Someone has a shit attitude at work - It’s because he’s not paid enough.