What's happening?

All the things you couldn’t do when you worked, because you didn’t have time…you can now…and after a while you think…yes I should’ve done it years ago.

1 Like

Yes

I wish you did

1 Like

Good luck Rambler, congratulations on your retirement!

Stay healthy, live long, and enjoy the big trip. A few I know who have retired say keeping the body and mind active is a big key to enjoyment. Some end up going back to work but only part time so it’s on their terms. The thinking is it pays for holidays and a few extras, while also getting them out of the house and engaging in whatever it is they do.

1 Like

This guy says hello… :0)

2 Likes

hope you have the opportunity to enjoy retirement, @Rambler. My dad is 72 and still doing part-time work when he gets a phone call (hauling massive concrete vaults around) as he likes getting out of the house. he’s pretty spry for 72.

3 Likes

Q: What’s happening?

A: Joey Barton is having some sort of breakdown and is sharing every moment on X, bless him.

Enjoy your retirement!

Now, are you ready to move up in life and be a full time poster on this forum?

1 Like

Yes. Let’s see your “Art” @Rambler

As most on here probably know I work in a Hotel in the south of FRANCE.
Well our oven broke down again, 3rd time this year, and it turns out we had already used up all the stocks of the spare part to repair it. Being well over 15 years old no chance of parts.
So you guessed it ‘they’ bought a new oven and no they didn’t ask us before doing so. So we ended up with a foriegn oven that’s not ‘large’ enough to heat a baguette.
Can you imagine a hotel kitchen in FRANCE that can not heat up a BAGUETTE.
Thier solution cut the baguette in half, fuckwits, something has to give. I suggested they source shorter fatter ‘baguettes’ (we have had these before) apparently cost more so too expensive (yet if you heat a baguette that’s been cut in half you waste the dried out bits at the ends). More importantly it takes more time so industrial action will be required (Either ‘they’ come in to cut up frozen baguettes or I don’t recieve clients between 03hrs30 and 06hrs00 or no more baguettes!).
A 40% pay rise might work!

2 Likes

I’ve got a really pooh covid celebrity clash. It makes me wamt to ache.

I’m coming on to get my my stress levels in.

Goos luck. Ian. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I’ve got a really pooh covid layout. I’ve not been well in ages. I’m mixing all of my words up.
I’m hoping to bee a lot better soon. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Hope you feel a lot better soon Commando. Covid is a bugger. It seems over here it is way down the list and not talked about very much now, but it still lingers. I hope you kick it and begin to feel much better very soon, so you can enjoy Christmas with your loved ones, and our game against Burnley soon after!

3 Likes

Oh shit man, sorry! I hope you get well very soon.

1 Like

Hope it’s not to bad…try n treat it as a bad bout of flu…get well soon…

1 Like

I’m currently watching Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel on TV.

I didn’t particularly intend to. I just switched the telly on, went to get a cup of tea and now I can’t find the TV remote.

It’s a type of COVID (not a patriculat nice one). I can’t spell. I’m only coming in to say my normal powder proteus. I’d saved this by Hal’s becacaose the meet the meatier.

Merry Christmas :pray::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Get well soon Commando, ginger tea with lemon and honey or green tea with ginger and honey. Get a jug made up and microwave the mug whenever.

Covid is a horrible virus. Taking rest is the only way.

1 Like

I didn’t watch any Christmas telly so far. Hoping to watch something today.

Me neither. Didn’t miss it a bit.