What's happening?

suppository maybe?

film they're here GIF by Hollywood Suite

Wife wanted a small amount of money. Donā€™t know why sheā€™s so angry after I sent her this screenshot. Honest.

Talking of wivesā€¦ By some extraordinarily awful turn of events I find myself in Primark.
Itā€™s a total nightmare!

:scream:

3 Likes

I have literally never been in a Primark in my life. Iā€™ve heard the stories. What level of hell does it clock in at?

Using Danteā€™s scale, Iā€™d say the eighth cycle: fraud.

Itā€™s got the usual hellishness of clothes shops, rows and rows of horrible ugly garments being picked over by huge groups of squawking teenage girls and tasteless middle aged people, added to that is the moral depravity of a planet destroying business run on squeezing profit from sweatshops in faraway lands.
Iā€™ve tried using logic and reason, but itā€™s hard to compete with ā‚¬2.50 t-shirts.

2 Likes

Assuming that 50Ā¢ of that will be VAT and the shop presumably makes some profit. The shipping costs will add up as well as someone growing the cotton in the first place even before you get to the poor bastard who stitches it together.

Cheap clothes are like a bacon butty. Itā€™s usually best not to think about the pigs.

Well itā€™s GCSE revision in full swing here. Spent every dance journey of late listening to History revision, English poems and maths bollocks. Tonight was Titration for Chemistry tomorrow. Been fun to go back over all the old stuff, Paul Elrich and salvarson 605 etc. The look I got for mentioning that just before the teacher, priceless. Daddy ainā€™t all that daft :slight_smile: Got to admit that 90% of it will only ever be used when the grandkids are asking for help years in the future but you canā€™t beat a good broad knowledge I guess . 4 more weeks then itā€™s Alton Towers time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bet she got jelous that you kept the reward and not give it to her

Iā€™ve had a very ā€˜challengingā€™ week.
My son went over to Chile to ā€˜visitā€™ my daughter. They went on a short excursion to the north east desert/salt lakes. The Chilien part went very well at about 3000m unfortuneately they continued on to Bolivia. This meant ascending to 5000m which apparently was done very quickly and both suffered altitude sickness. My daughter, the only one of the 2 that speaks fluent spainish, was completely KO with problems breathing and blue lips. My son got to the stage of ā€˜hackingā€™ and tasteing blood.
The fuckwit Bolivians decided they had flu because they had temperatures and wouldnā€™t give them oxygen. (Btw pulmonary oedema can cause you to have a temperature). My son was very stressed (me too and I wasnā€™t even there).
So evidently 2 stressed Flobs familly didnā€™t go down very well together. I ended up having to try and calm my daughter as some very nasty stuff was said between them. That was a lot of text messages over a long period and after having discussing the situation with my son reassuring him (a pharmacist) that he was correct to be very concerned but to stay calm and rest as much as possible.
Thankfully they have returned back to Santiago and on feeling better things seem to have improved between them. Bloody hell I was so worried as was my son. We just donā€™t handle stress well! :cry:

Itā€™s not the 1st time my daughter has suffered altitude sickness she went on an excursion in Chile with a friend and had mild symptoms however her friend was treated with oxygen she got so bad (vomiting and all). Tour guides in Bolivia should know better!

2 Likes

Glad they are feeling better in Santiago. Hopefully the relationship wasnā€™t too damaged, and they both learn from the experience too.

1 Like

Yes they seem to have calmed down and are taking the piss out of me.
It was probably my fault they went to Bolivia as it was something I wanted to do when young. So they are saying if Iā€™d tried it Iā€™d have died. :rofl: I actually text them that as well so Iā€™d say they are getting on ok now.
Recovery from altitude sickness isnā€™t long once you descend however above 2500m you need to climb slowly and acclimatise (can take 3 days). They didnā€™t have this opportunity and apparently the tour was a lot of running about to get all in (not a good idea).
Thanks!

1 Like

I suppose this is a whatā€™s happening event.
Whatā€™s happened is that full fibre is now available to my property.
Currently paying Ā£165 a fucking month for all of my broadband/TV/phone line services.
Planning to trim down my Sky package to the very basic one, and use my Firestick for sports and movies.
Thinking of going Vodafone, to also trim down our mobile packages
Anyone with Vodafone able to comment on their reliability, or recommendations for other broadband/mobile providers?
I know mobile coverage is location dependent, but broadband is estimated to be super fast (compared to my current 10 mbps).
Fuck, Iā€™d be happy with 200 fo the 900 they claim I can get.
Would I need a VPN constantly running for Firestick?

Update on my ā€˜workā€™ situation.
Iā€™ve been sacked!
Quite relieved, yes it was convienient as so close to home however it was so disfuctional.
They even started to try and impose greater disfunctionality with the summer coming up, at least I wonā€™t be involved trying to calm clients down whilst being stressed to the hilt myself.
So now very actively searching a new job!

Btw they pushed another to demission, she was a nutcase but good worker, she just had enough (I couldnā€™t demission as I wouldnā€™t get unemployment benefits I suppose sheā€™s in a more secure position than me). It was mentionned another has ā€˜leftā€™ as well. All before the summer. All of us deal with reception of the ā€˜shitty hotelā€™ even if my ancient post situated me in the ā€˜other hotelā€™.
Place has gone nuts the manager is calling people in left, right and center to pressure them. As if being under staffed for almost a year isnā€™t pressure enough.
I hope yhe place sinks!

7 Likes

Good luck with your job hunt!

4 Likes

Not sure whether congratulations or commiserations are in order, so I send both :wink:

4 Likes

Congratulations are probably in order. I was pushing for either a change in functionality (not forthcoming just getting worst) or the sack so I would be eligible for unemployment benefit. Under the circumstances the sack was the best option.
Thanks. :smile:

3 Likes

Okay @Flobs , congratulations on getting removed from the toxic work environment you shared with us.
Wishing you the best of luck in a better job with nicer people and less stress.
I hope you are okay though.

3 Likes

Congratulations on being sacked

Turn Around Look GIF by Laff

Fitting for a football forum I guess. From now on I shall call you Jose.

3 Likes