What's happening?

Fibreoptic TV/internet getting run into my house right now. Have only signed up for 300mbps but tech is telling me it’ll run the whole neighborhood if needed. If you’d have told me this tech was going to be available when I was in high-school I definitely would have done IT instead of what I’m doing now.

I probably still should do my MCSE or CCNA cert.

2 Likes

Ha. You know, she was raised bilingual, so before we didn’t really know IF she ever started talking at all, what language it would be - I was told it could go either way, so was mentally prepared to hear an ‘Aye’ or other wee words - and in the beginning we tried talking English numerous times, to see if she would react more/differently.
But since she did start speaking German words, we figured it’s best not to confuse her even more now. Doctors/nurses etc speak German all the time anyway.

1 Like

Missus suffering persistent abdominal pain for 4 weeks.
First GP took blood, urine and stool samples and said we’ll give you an ultrasound scan in 2 weeks
She couldn’t bear the pain any longer and finally got an emergency GP appointment with another GP who sent her to hospital.

Perforated appendix.

Not complaining though, no doubt someone will somehow try and convince me it was her own fault

Who on earth could do that?

Proud daddy. Jnr just took the big trophies at dance awards tonight. 91% in degree level ballet. Beyond stunned.

4 Likes

You probably don’t need me to tell you that that could have been seriously worse.

Got a very satisfying Wordle:

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

Yup.
Lucky I got her to hospital when I did.

5 Likes

Hope she’s okay Dane.

2 Likes

Hope she recovers fully. :pray:

1 Like

Best wishes to your missus @Dane. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Missus home after 8 days in hospital, over the worst of it but still recovering.

Bit of an eye opener in there TBH.
Hygiene standards poor, often made to feel she was being a pest when she needed attention/assistance, left for hours with a full abdominal drain and catheter, and to cap it all, sent home without the medication she needed.
Phoned the hospital yesterday and a very apologetic doctor told me she should never have been discharged without the medication she needed and instructions on when and how to administer it.

Main thing is she’s safe and well, but not a great picture painted.

4 Likes

WTF! Who discharged her then? Glad to hear she is better

1 Like

I can visualize the hospital and treatment standards you have described in a third-world country. Even there you can have better services in some of the private facilities. :grimacing:

My prayers are for her. Hope she recovers fully soon. :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks all.
She’s comfy at home now, nagging me to death :joy:

5 Likes

Yes!!..that’s how it should be…

1 Like

Hope it takes many years of nagging :+1: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

The voice of experience :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Dane…your on bring me, fetch me, carry me duties…keep going Mrs Dane…and get well soon…:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Get well soon, Mrs Dane.

We’re under a huge rainstorm kicking us about right now, on top of 50cm of snow in the last week+

Spent a few hours outside in a rainsuit with a shovel clearing trenches to the storm drains. Hopefully our aluminum deck cover survives the weight of snow and rain currently sitting on it. Very unnerving.

Street has a ton of standing water on it right now, just too much snow in the way

2 Likes