What's happening?

Just seen this. Oh no, get well soon Mrs Dane. Thank God, it was caught in time.

At least, she is safe and didn’t pick up HAI. Hang in there.
Dane, i am sure you will be the dutiful and caring husband, we won’t tell her you are famous for your grumpiness on TAN​:joy::joy:.

2 Likes

Speedy recovery to the misses. It her turn to be the center of attention at home. All the best :pray:t4:

1 Like

She has been known to call me Victor Meldrew before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Never change Dane :blush:

1 Like

Merry Christmas all!

4 Likes

Is there any man in the world who enjoys getting up early on boxing day to go bed linen shopping in the sales?
And she wonders why I’m grumpy.

1 Like

Just be a real man and tell her quite categorically that you are not going.

Don’t make the mistake of saying it when she’s in the room and say it quietly.
Enjoy the shopping.

2 Likes

It gets better. We spend hours in various bedding shops and getting assistants to get stuff from the basement etc before she decides that actually we don’t need any new bedding.
At least I got a Bialetti out of it all.

Sydney. Xmas at 28°. It’s all about the prawns.

1 Like

Why are you wasting boxing day on hols in SYD going Manchester shopping? (That’s what many Aussies call linen - really). Should be down the beach or at a BBQ by the water somewhere enjoying a few cold glasses of something.

I did that once (no, never for linen, just regular clothing).

Never again

I’m forwarding your message to the missus.

It’s 28° ffs!

6 am here.
I’m off golfing in a couple of hours.
Then I’ll attempt to eat my body weight in boxing day snacks, before settling down for the football.
Thankfully wont be going anywhere near any shops.

My hubby says…find a coffee shop/cafe.

28 degrees? We were 37 today in Adelaide - spent most of the day in and out of the pool with the boys, watering the garden, talking with the in-laws & drinking from the 2023 rack in the cellar while eating leftover ham and mince pies.
Boxing day sales sound like hell. That’s what the internet is for!

1 Like

Dreadful foreboding of imminent doom.

The in-laws are landing…

1 Like

One of the first things they informed us was that business class on Singapore Airlines is less roomy than Emirates.

I hope that you have explained the term “first-world problems” to them.

3 Likes

My mother in law farted just before we ate, in the middle of the meal and then on her way out, dropped what is categorically the worst thing I have smelled in the last decade.( For context there we didn’t eat traditional Christmas dinner - so no sprouts.)

Good luck topping that.

This is the missus’ ditzy sister and her Florida libertarian Republican husband.

The next two weeks will be repeatedly explaining the obvious and avoiding any talk of politics.

1 Like