What's happening?

we have a dartboard at our place in the states, thoroughly enjoy playing down there. especially after a few scotch.

I had a rubbish day today :cry:. A trouble student absconded from her class, really upset and climbed on the roof of one of building wanting to jump off, we had the police and paramedics in. She ended up being sectioned. She was only 15 years old. I hope she gets the help she needs and she gets better soon. This country is not doing enough to help the mental health in younger people. It is so worrying. I feel for the youngsters these days.

Edit: Yesterday, was my mumā€™s passing away 1st anniversary as well.

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œEl-Cuchillero, post:1080, topic:2074, full:trueā€]
Whatā€™s the best way to learn/improve my darts?

I take it you have tried different types of darts and have settled on what works best for youā€¦
If you can afford it, maybe get yourself 4-5 sets of identical dartsā€¦
Stand in the same spot to throw 12 - 15 darts in successionā€¦ sort of helps to get your ā€˜eye in and aimā€™ over a longer spell of throwing before having to retrieve the normal 3 darts from the board, or wall whatever it isā€¦!
Well that was my training routine back in the day, and I must say, Iā€™m still pretty crap :0)
Saves walking to the board every 10secs

1 Like

So sorry to hear @Maria.

2 Likes

World Pride in Sydney today.

Itā€™s Putinā€™s worst nightmare! :wink::man_dancing:t4::rainbow_flag::dancer:t4:

1 Like

The most glorious irony of this sight. In a pub in the Lakes:

Our mango tree in bloom. We didnā€™t have any last year, so we are pretty happy. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Why you got no flagpole nor flag in your garden lftiā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Rogue Brewery in Newport OR doesnā€™t allow cell phones at the bar.

Just set an all-time record here for snowfall in the month of February. Another 10cm today.

3 Likes

Meanwhile in France we just went an incredible 32 days without any rain ā€¦ in winter ! Weā€™re now in the grip of the worst drought in fifty years and most people are expecting another summer of extreme heat likely to surpass the last one.

2 Likes

We are about to finalise our move across to the south of Franceā€¦ on the one hand the hot weather sounds great but last summer there were more than 3 instances (of multiple days) where the temp hit 40+ā€¦

Will be a bit of a change up and am looking forward to the change up - on many fronts - but it will be different to the south of England and Scotland before that!

1 Like

Iā€™m in the South too. Been here 11 yrs now and I can honestly say that last summer was the first time I actually thought that the place was becoming too hot to handle. You do get used to the summer heat but hereā€™s a tip mate , once it gets over 35Ā°C donā€™t even entertain going out in it.

Life is just bizarre!

Dressed as Gordon Ramsay today for WBD. Did an inspection in the school kitchen with no kids present. Was fun :slight_smile:
School wanted non-fictional costumes today but must be people in books. Clarkson was too easy.

You can all have a laugh at my expense. Last weekend (not the one just gone) ai fell off a storage building. Fortunately something soft softened my fall, my left foot. Was pretty sure Iā€™d broken it but thought Iā€™d see how it went. Various shades of blue purple and black later and a weekā€™s hobbling and I went to hospital today 9 days later. After the X-ray, the doctor called me in and I quote ā€œIā€™m genuinely impressed youā€™re walking on that, you shouldnā€™t beā€. Snapped 2 and a spiral fracture in another. Bloody ski boot for a month.

Straight back to work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bloody hell mate. :scream: Take it easy and get better soon. :+1::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Bet you were hopping mad.

real question is, why were you on a storage building without fall protection?

flying cartoon network GIF

1 Like

My business, my lack of rules and H&S for me :slight_smile: