What's happening?

I went to Wolves for the last (League Winning) match of the 75/76 season in a Hillman Imp. Probably my favourite away day ever. :+1::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Just about. We were fortunate that we could go straight along the A41 into Wolverhampton and straight back home again. There were massive hold ups on the M6 coming home. :nerd_face:

I got my first endorsement that night. Drove all the way back to Liverpool and got done going through a red traffic light about half a mile from my home :roll_eyes:. Hadnā€™t noticed the cop car behind meā€¦great night thoughā€¦

Just watched the highlights again on youtube :heart_eyes: that goal from Ray Kennedy.

2 Likes

Well mate, very easy to criticise . Do you have children? Theyā€™ll trump my flights hand over fist in time. If not, you win.

my 8yo has been on 40 flights. heā€™s enjoyed a lot of travel, including Anfield. (see avatar)

Having kids is simplistic? Youā€™re going to have to explain that one.

Probably caused by broken down Hillman Imps and Hillman Avengers!

1 Like

as proud as you are cynical. have worked very hard to be able to provide a good life for my family.

SpaceX just burned 10,000,000lbs of propellant in 4mins. I am not worried about my carbon footprint.

Are you worried about the fact that the carbon footprint of SpaceX isnā€™t even mentioned?

1 Like

not at all. Or the millions of tons of explosives being dropped in Ukraine. Or the leaking radioactive water from Fukishima which renders my eating ocean seafood caught close to my home in jeopardy for the past 10+years

That is thoroughly depressingā€¦

I went in a min-bus hired by teachers from my school. Page Moss Comp for those who are asking.

2 Likes

First car was a Volvo 480ES. I bought it mostly because of the pop up headlights. And then naturally I spent every penny I had on upgrading the stereo. Blaupunkt. Sounded exotic so thatā€™s what I did. Of course I knew nothing!

1 Like

First car was a Datsun Sunny estate.
Convinced myself that the red light with the oil can was faulty, engine melted and ground to a halt on the M3 hard shoulder.
Got out a hitched a lift to my destination.
Havenā€™t seen it since.

2 Likes

Compared to planes, trains and automobiles, itā€™s irrelevant.

I think there was more LFC fans at the Wolves game that night than there had ever been at an away game beforeā€¦ What a night :0)

2 Likes

My Dad had a Sunny. Brother left it parked outside the house one night. Knock on the door about 7 one Saturday morning. Only me up. Was a gas man. Never forget his line ā€œWas that your Datsun parked outside?ā€ Heā€™d destroyed it :joy: Dad was over the moon!

Our generation learned how to use a jigsaw thanks to the need for bigger speakers.

1 Like

I remember my horrendous hangover the next morning. I wanted to die.

4th May 1976 - A Night to Remember - LFC Winning the League
Taken from the perspective of a couple of young Wolves fans that were at the game - The stories are slightly tinged with bias against us as Scouserā€™s, but that is alright, itā€™s to be expected. What it does though, gives a taste of what it was like to be a fan of LFC that night :0)

4th May 1976 A Night To Remember | Victorian Wolves Supporters Club

3 Likes