Harry Kane.

2 Likes

Haaland or Harry Kane

1 Like

Get out ------>

2 Likes

Grealish and Botman also.

Botman is CB

We should look at the option of getting Aguero for free.

Class player, but will be 33 this summer, and coming from what will probably be his worst season to date (in terms of goals scored, of course due to injuries not form).

I’d expect him to want a 3 year lucrative contract. Oil clubs can afford that. They can gamble on either getting a superstar for 3 years, or getting the best from him for one year then be effectively retired for 2 years picking up the wages. We cannot.

For us, it would be based on appearances/goals bonus structure, that a 33 year old Aguero will probably feel it is below him.

A more realistic target if we want experience and quality, is an older striker such as Luis Suarez, if he doesn’t mind a 2 year performance based contract. And that performance bonus could be for team success rather than individual success.

3 Likes

If we are looking for experienced, proven goal scorer; I would prefer either of the Colombian duo Atalanta has.

1 Like

Muriel is a very odd player - has 51 G/A over the last two seasons getting one every 60 minutes, which is unheard of. Yet he’s only completed 90 minutes twice over those seasons. Usually comes off the bench and makes an impact, which is the role he’d have here if he came, a bit like Shaqiri.

Zapata would be a solid option and add something different.

Both players are getting on a bit though and Atalanta are one of the most attacking sides in Europe which probably flatters both players, and the famously mean Italian defences aren’t what they once were.

4 Likes

As we have just played Aston Villa, what about, yes I know what about …?, Watson? Seems to have something about him. Perhaps not a prolific scorer but he knows how to lead a line as sole CF. Has good and interesting attributes definitely a better option than Origi imo would cause our coaches some headaches deciding who and how to play with our squad.

1 Like

Good player but too reliant on pace and space, don’t think he has enough else to warrant a move here.

3 Likes

Think we do our best to keep our current 4 very good forwards and try and upgrade Origi.

I would actually go a bit different and get a bigger more physically dominating forward. Some one to give us a different dimension to be a bit of a plan b option. We have such good crossers of the ball I think having a player who is particularly strong in the air would be beneficial.

I don’t watch enough other football anymore to propose a list of options but a player in the mold of Giroud would be more useful option than Origi to change the game when we are chasing a result. Think it needs to be that solid pro who maybe past there very best but can still make a solid contribution off the bench or in rotation. I say Giroud as a type not specifically him but he is good in the air and pretty decent with the ball at his feet too.

We are lucky to have 4 players all of which can play right across the front line. I think we keep Elliott and Wilson around next season replacing Shaqiri in the squad and then that seasoned pro ala Giroud to replace Origi and we should be good to go.

1 Like

No to Wilson. He isn’t good enough and should be allowed to develop his career elsewhere.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with the comment above. I feel if we can get a more lethal fella in the air could be a good dimension to explore.

Get someone like Giroud, that can win aerial balls, and give a better target for Trent and Robbo than what Bobby would for example. If he has some ball playing ability and pace, even better but definitely an option to explore I feel.

Steven Caulker it is then. Can be a cover for CB as well if needed.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

These three like this again

3 Likes

Two thoughts:

1. We didn’t half score some nice goals in those neon orange kits
  2. Anyone who thinks that the lack of crowd is an excuse needs to watch this and reassess.
2 Likes

Steven Caulker.

/thread.

2 Likes

Bring back Toxic thunder!!