Who do you wish to sell

Hello there @Colossal_centre_back , haven’t seen you in a while.

2 Likes

Most of the fringe players that are constantly injured and contributing fcuk all need to be moved on. Shaqiri, Origi, Chamberlain, Keita Matip and woodburn, Wilson, ojo, even Phillips and Williams far too slow for this ginormous club.

2 Likes

Just reading that made me pull my hair out just imagining another injury prone player. :cry:

1 Like

Paid like Salah
Playing like Shaqiri

:rofl:

1 Like

All the injury prone rotation players need to be sold if possible.

Appreciate it’s not their fault and all but we need our depth players to be available when required and they always seem to be injured meaning we overplay our first 11 because the back ups arent fit thus defeating the reason they are in the squad at all.

Elliot Wilson and Jones can all offer something next season so it might be curtains for Keita AOC Shaq Matip etc

Think its time to make a call on a few of the loanees too. We might have to take some lower fees but I think we need to clear the decks a bit.

2 Likes

Based on the affordability of potential fees & wages and their performances this season, these players should be very easy to sell:

1. Sheyi Ojo (Cardiff City)
  2. Taiwo Awoniyi (Union Berlin)
  3. Kamil Grabara (AGF Aarhus)
  4. Marko Grujić (Porto)*
  5. Harry Wilson (Cardiff City)
  6. Rhys Williams
  7. Nat Phillips
  8. Neco Williams
  9. Xherdan Shaqiri
  10. Takumi Minamino

:thinking: *

Wouldn’t sell Rhys, I’d be looking at a nice loan for him, depending on what he can attract. The rest, we’ll see. Neco I’d probably keep for now, but he’s likely to get game time at Euro’s and that one would depend on potential offers. Still, with the market and with us needing an option there, I’d keep him for now. Grabara probably goes on another loan I guess. I believe one of Minamino/Shaqiri leaves. Possibly two, but I imagine another summer where it will be almost impossible to sell everyone we wish to sell. Karius will have a year left so hopefully we can get rid, find some sort of agreement if we have to between all parties.

3 Likes
  1. Sheyi Ojo (Cardiff City)…3m
  2. Taiwo Awoniyi (Union Berlin)…8m
  3. Kamil Grabara (AGF Aarhus)…3m
  4. Marko Grujić (Porto)*…18m
  5. Harry Wilson (Cardiff City)…15m
  6. Rhys Williams…3m
  7. Nat Phillips…8m
  8. Neco Williams…keep
  9. Xherdan Shaqiri…15m
  10. Takumi Minamino…10m
1 Like

Are these figures in £ or €??? Wilson has a far better season than Grujic and Wilson is going to be cheaper?

Cardiff City wont be paying £15mill for Wilson,the club record is £15mill for Sala who unfortunately died in a plane crash and never played a game but the next is £11mill for Medel around 7 years ago,when the market was high and they were playing Premiership football,they dont have these types of cash to buy players atm,£3mill for Ojo i could see happening though.

2 Likes

Why keep Rhys? He’s not going to overcome his limitations. Sorry to be harsh, but that’s how it is in these kinds of discussions.

3 Likes

Why sell him?

He’s gone from playing in the Conference to covering the champions of England, not an easy task. He’s 20 years old. Showed some good moments. Doesn’t have to be the next Virgil to keep him for a while, loan him out at better level than the Conference and see where it takes him.

Even if we already think he doesn’t have what it takes to ever play at this level, from a business point of view we really don’t have to sell him this summer. And I don’t expect a good enough offer for him that would be “too good to refuse” (of course you’d be open to it).

9 Likes

Rhys Williams will develop further and will be able to command a better fees. I wouldn’t mind keeping him for another couple of years, probably on loan deals.

4 Likes

if you want to buy super league players you got to pay the money. :cry:

£££££££££££££…

Agreed he aint going to speed up.

Think i would add Keita, Matip and as
much as I love the guy AOC to that list as well.

Think we need to clear out as many of these injury prone players as we can they just cant be relied upon to plug the gaps when our first teamers get injured.

I’d prob keep Nat Phillips until deals are done and dusted for Kabak and Konate and also Neco as cover for Trent as we dont have anyone else really. I would also probably keep Wilson around. I think he and Harvey can take the minutes Shaq and Taki have taken this season which is bugger all really and I think Shaq and Taki are more saleable.

Massive rebuild needed in CM though Gini gone, Keita a bust and always injured, AOC always injured, Hendo having injury issues more consistently. Milly a year older and having a few niggles now too.

Big summer window needed

2 Likes

I think we should sell this lot:
J. Henry
T. Werner
M. Gordon
B. Hogan
A. Hughes
M. Egan

Might get about 4 billion for them.

3 Likes

Shaq and Taki helped us win games despite not playing much, I dont see Wilson doing that, so it’s a false economy.

1 Like

Wilson is fine in my eyes he just doesn’t really fit our main 433 with a false 9 set up. But if we are moving away from that a bit he could be really useful in some other set ups. Shaq and Taki are too expensive as commodities in terms of fees and wages to be the kind of support player Wilson can be for a year or two (probably till Balagazi is ready to take his spot). Harry also is club developed so increases how many senior players we can register and use. Having Shaq and/or Taki limits spots on how many senior foreign developed players we can register without necessarily being good enough for that.