Who do you wish to sell

“Wo do wish to sell”

Gakpo … :eyes::joy:

1 Like

Deleted

I like Dutch posts but is there a filter in which I can ignore the ones of Gakpo until he has at least played 10 games?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Might be time to consider renaming this thread “Who would you keep”.

1 Like

Only for those who have an issue with listing more than half the squad.

Wasn’t happy to sell Torres to Chelsea but at the time getting £50m for a player who hadn’t played well in a long, long time felt like a good deal.

Haven’t you in recent days said one problem with this club is we hold on to players too long? Torres got sold at the perfect moment, he barely had a good game again in his career after leaving us. That was a successful sale - unfortunately we bought Carroll with most of the funds.

7 Likes

Adrian, Keita, Ox, Milner, and Firmino are likely to leave.

Yeah, not the situation we ideally wanted, I was looking forward to a Suarez & Torres partnership for at least 6 months. See if they can help each other form a high quality duo, as back then Suarez was still more of a ‘second striker’ (with time, Suarez would’ve pushed him out as the main guy).

But in the end, the money was damn good. It was obvious that physically he’s not the same player anymore, since coming back from WC10.

And in the end, we managed one of the best incoming transfers in our history (Suarez) and one of the very worst (Carroll). Crazy couple of days. I remember coming back from drunk on a Friday night, happy on the back of signing Suarez and then seeing online that Torres handed in his transfer request.

Mo’s situation is different. He’s physically a beast, it’s incredible what he’s doing with practically no injury in his time here. Also older, under a high contract now. I don’t see him leaving.

1 Like

Forced into that somewhat same goes for Coutinho.

1 Like

I sometimes wondered how this would look on the ground

Mascherano Alonso
Kyut Gerrard Suarez
Torres

3 Likes

Like this

Kuyt wasn’t really cute to be fair.

:joy:

Can we see how they’d look in practice please Gas.

Not just practice but every single time

Bit harsh Gas, I don’t think they’d have performed that badly to merit the fans throwing flares at them…certainly not to the level being shown by the current squad anyway.

Poor Kuyt getting the brunt of it as well, what did he ever do to deserve that?

Kuyt copped grief because we thought he was a striker and didn’t really get the goals we hoped. So was frustrating.

However, he did develop into a super useful player and he had a great engine. Never gave up. Feels like could use a Kuyt now.

1 Like

If we don’t get sold or investment I’d be selling Salah to fund the rebuild needed.

2 Likes

I’m afraid that money is gone.

Not impossible, but I don’t see someone going that high for Salah anymore.

1 Like

Mbappe goes, Salah to PSG.

He’s loved by the whole Muslim world, PSG would love him as one of their superstars.

The contract will protect his value and only they can afford.

1 Like

They’re about to prolong with Messi. Positionally doesn’t make much sense. If Mbappe goes, I’m pretty sure PSG will find someone younger. Neymar is also in his 30’s. Especially with the new people in charge of football decisions.