Who do you wish to sell

Agree with all this except selling Carvalho for 10m.

Iā€™d want a bit than 10, but we might need to compromise a bit to get a buy back inserted.

Fair enough, Iā€™d want to keep him for one more season unless we can get enough to push another midfield/defensive signing over the line.

A lot of unconscious incompetence going on here.

The fact that Klopp or any semi-competent manager would like all transfer activity to be concluded as early as possible doesnā€™t even come into the equation for you, does it? Nope, youā€™re right. The owners and their employees in charge of the transfers are looking to do the bare minimum and lay back on a beach lounger, while their bank accounts get fatter and fatter.

I know itā€™s your opinion and whatnot but some logic behind it would be nice.

4 Likes

Until I see the result of their work, yes this is my opinion.

Sitting around doing nothing only to scramble last minute to broker some dud deal isnā€™t exactly what Iā€™d call extensive work, where has the pre-planning been? The areas of recruitment shouldā€™ve been long figured even before last summerā€¦where was it? Where is our scouting network when theyā€™re not at Fulham recommending the latest talent there? Borrow Ian Ayreā€™s scooter if you need to, hit the road and find some proper talent we can work with. Too busy sat on the other end of the line with Dortmund checking up on Jude disgarding everything else, like we were ever going to get him, amateur.

Get Out Facepalm GIF

1 Like

Like I say, unconscious incompetence.

So tell me Mascot please, where does the ā€œunconscious incompetenceā€ lie with our failure of a season?

Or are you perfectly happy with everything youā€™ve encountered for the past 12 months and happy to witness the same again next season?

Nothing in football is guaranteed, except lads who barely have a clue how to run a bath, let alone a Premier League football club thinking they know better than the top of the tree professionals who do it.

Nobody at Liverpool working on transfers is a lazy cunt trying to do the bare minimum so they can go on holiday. Rick Parry is a long time ago now.

2 Likes

What are you chatting about?

Last summer the Nunez deal was done on the 14th June. Less than three weeks after the Champions League final.

Gakpo was signed on the 28th December, three days before the window officially opened.

Diaz was wrapped up in no time because of the interest from Spurs but heā€™d already been identified as a target for the following summer.

The season finished less than a week ago. Schmadtke was in the door two days after the season finished. Thereā€™s a strong suggestion Mac Allister could well be done next week.

How desperate are you to moan about the speed we move when youā€™re using the Arthur deal that was only decided to be done AFTER we picked up early season injuries as the example rather than the ones that clearly show we plan well ahead and are actually pretty good at getting things done.

2 Likes

Its what social media and the likes of FM and FIFA does to a lot of brains these days during silly season. No human element to any thoughts - ditch these, buy these, I can do it sitting at my computer.

1 Like

His first actual working day is todayā€¦but itā€™s almost 5pm - lazy cunts done fk all.

Shows me the club/transfer bods can be both proactive and reactive. The Arthur deal didnt work out - easy stick to beat the club with.

Should have started at the full time whistle last Sunday. Could have negotiated a deal for Lavia whilst he was having a shower and then we could have brought him with us on the coach home.

Thatā€™s what a proper organised recruitment team would have done. You see it all the time from other teams so why not us? Can only be laziness.

1 Like

And thatā€™s all well and good, Iā€™m not berating them for that though am I? I love our forward options (these are more forced moves not planned, we knew Bobby was out, we knew Origi was leaving, Sadio had asked to leave), Rupz mentioned proactive and reactiveā€¦Iā€™ve yet to see the club be pro-active, there was no pre-planning for years with the midfield. No person in their right mind thinks signing 1 midfielder in 5 years is smart. I can only hope the same mistakes arenā€™t repeated and lessons are learned because we really cannot afford even a blip if we want to swiftly wipe this season under the carpet by having a stormer early next season.

I am allowed to speculate what went wrong with this season, itā€™s been a major setback & sorry to say but I put a lot of that blame on lack of investment/recruitment/scouting call it whateverā€¦itā€™s been insufficient.

So we know Mane is leaving and line up Nunez to come in a fortnight after the season ends and thatā€™s not planned? We didnā€™t give Origi a new contract or Bobby. That is part of the planning and guess what, part of the reason we donā€™t need to replace Bobby this summer is because weā€™ve planned ahead with his departure in mind.

But part of the reason the midfield hasnā€™t seen a lot of movement is because weā€™ve bought elsewhere. Weā€™ve always had a lot of midfielders. Until you can move some on, which requires a buyer giving you some money, you canā€™t just buy more players on top. Now weā€™ve moved some on thereā€™s space to add players.

And let me be absolutely clear, I was very vocal in saying we needed a midfielder last summer and that we needed to replace Gini when he left. But without moving players on, itā€™s hard to bring more in and it would appear no one was willing to pony up anything for the likes of Ox and Keita.

Just because we havenā€™t signed many midfielders in the recent past doesnā€™t mean we havenā€™t been proactive in preparing for this summer when we know midfielders will be needed. The way your posts are coming across is that you donā€™t think thatā€™s the case because weā€™ve done no business since the season ended last week.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some bad takes in my time, but this quite possibly tops the lot.

1 Like

Can someone confirm that the-allmightyreds is actually dagger to my heart from TIA :joy:

Think thatā€™s harsh on Rab personally, he made a number of valid counter arguments and elaborated on them, which I applaud.

:grimacing: :rofl:

What is it you find particularly disturbing about what I said?

There is nobody like the-allmightyreds.

Uniquely different.