Who do you wish to sell

maybe you should take into consideration what has happened to Endo in the last 6 months then…

3 Likes

Why would that impact anything if I think his legs were gone even before that?

Yeah I’m not convinced you can have more than one player like Dom in the squad and I’m also not convinced he’d be a great captain without a fairly tough coach/manager.

Yeah I’m not convinced you can have more than one player like Dom in the squad and I’m also not convinced he’d be a great captain without a fairly tough coach/manager.

Endo could surely still contribute at a decent level. He’s also super professional and on a cheap salary. I’m not against keeping him around.

As for international slots, we do have two truly surplus players: Ramsay and Chiesa. And I doubt we will bring in more than two players in the remaining time.

I will Tsimikas to this list. If he cannot even be a second choice at AS frigging Roma, he is no longer good enough. Luke Chambers or Spence if we buy him should take his place.

For Endo, you can actually replace the entire Endo + Bajcetic + McConnell trio with Morton at this stage.

Ohh, and replacing Mama with Kelleher or Traffords should also be considered.

Trafford just went to Leeds

1 Like

If Kelleher hadn’t wanted more game time doubt he would have left, think he is better than Mama.anyway.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t care much about who our backup left back is. We could definitely do better than Tsimikas, but we do have much higher priorities.

Our registration situation is actually healthier than it looks. Both Leoni and Jaquet count as U21 in the league, so after removing Chiesa and Ramsay, the remaining list is:

  1. Alisson
  2. Mamardashvili
  3. Van Dijk
  4. Araujo
  5. Kerkez
  6. Tsimikas
  7. Endo
  8. Gravenberch
  9. Mac Allister
  10. Szoboszlai
  11. Wirtz
  12. Gakpo
  13. Munoz
  14. Isak
  15. Ekitike

In the Champions League we need to register Leoni and Jaquet, but Ekitike is outside anyway. And if we buy a new player, I think Leoni could be excluded too. Then we could add 2 new players without much worry about registration slots.

2 Likes

We tried to move Kostas on last year and didn’t get anyone willing to meet our asking price. I expect he’ll be our backup for the year now and end up leaving with his contract running out next summer.

1 Like

He’s fine tbh. He plays well when the team plays well and struggles when the team struggles. It’s okay for a squad player to be … well, at the level of a squad player

4 Likes

Yup it’s a bit like trying to sell Gomez.

1 Like

Think there’s a case for Endo to move on especially if we buy another player.

Barcola coming in might mean Gakpo leaving too.

We can always get the likes of Leoni into the champions league club post December.

Was is it with you and Tyler Morton? Every other post you make is about the lad!

1 Like

If we sell Gakpo whos playing through the middle Izak will need a rest at some point.

2 Likes

I reckon @Thomas1195 will suggest Morton🤣

4 Likes

I assumed Barcola was that 2 for 1 style option but I appear to have invented his ability to play through the middle. So yeah, back up for Isak is going to be important until Hugo is back. With Chiesa’s continued failure to launch I don’t see where else that comes from other than Cody.

2 Likes

I wonder if we will find an Araujo-style loan to tide us over at Centre Forward?

Calvin Ramsay out on loan to St. MIrren for a year

hopefully he gets his career back on track

3 Likes

Out on loan means he still plays for us… can still win the title then :wink: