Who would you buy?

I’d expect he’d get a full pre-season to show Klopp if he can contribute properly next season. He’s posting similar stats to Elliot in the Championship, so he’d need to show in training he can step up into our 1st team and not look out of place.

Then yes he could go on loan if needing more gametime. It really does depend on which position as if Milner, Oxlade move on for example there is going to be minutes in the midfield, likewise Origi leaving means we have space in the squad for a forward. The fact he can play left sided attacking midfielder or wide forward are going to help him get gametime.

I know this is pie in the sky but in 3 years we could be shaping up something like;

Carvalho (22) – Jota (28) – Gordon (20)
Jones (23) – Morton (22) – Elliot (21)

5 English players, that would be something.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying.

I mean, perhaps the staff are already convinced he can be part of our first team squad for next season, but I’d probably say that even they don’t know yet what is the kid’s level when (if) he comes here.

Depends how he does early on, what are the opinions/feel about the kid, depends on other situations in his positions. We don’t play with a single #10 like Fulham do, so maybe the left half space, yeah. Since we already have people like Jones and Elliott in CM areas.

It’s very much wait and see, but on paper there must be a lot of clubs willing to take that opportunity. I don’t really ‘count’ with these players as a fan until we see that we really count on them for the coming season.

1 Like

He’s played nearly as many minutes in the Premier League as Elliott though? So it’s not just the Championship they’ll be basing their opinion on. I would also say the Championship shouldn’t be totally sniffed at. I’m not convinced the Austrian Top division is of a higher quality but not many would turn down Adeyami and that’s where Minamino came from which is why I drew that comparison.

I repeat, it’s all possible, but I can’t really count on Fabio Carvalho to be a first team player next season. Who knows what happens. Maybe it’s similar to Elliott, maybe it’s even better . Maybe it’s similar to Solanke, maybe it’s even worse than that.

1 Like

Are there serious links between LFC and Carvalho, or is the above just an academic discussion?

Several journalists have reported our interest including Jambo the great.

3 Likes

Unless he’s much worse than expected we could count on him to be 7th choice like Minamino or at least to be fit unlike Origi.

I don’t see much that suggests he can play midfield for us, but as a body for the front line to get minutes in domestic cup games, and maybe the odd appearance elsewhere if he proves good enough, that would suffice.

Replacing Taki with a homegrown player, and maybe even making a profit, appears to make a lot of sense to me.

2 Likes

Doesn’t he mainly play centrally as an attacking midfielder? Not sure I’m getting the Mane understudy shouts unless we’re going to take some time to develop him.

If we got him you’d think he’d be part of that first team squad but he’s a lot of players ahead of him and a different system to adapt to. I imagine he’d be around the first team but in and out of match day squads.

I feel for Fiorentina supporters seeing Vlahovic go to Juve. Posted many times would’ve loved to see him at Liverpool, although I was always realistic it was never likely, and certainly never possible at that fee.

Azmoun to Leverkusen is an interesting one for me, and intrigued to see how he gets on in BL next season. Haven’t seen one lick of him playing the past few seasons other than YouTube but was linked to us several years ago.

EDIT: I recall a photo floating around of Azmoun and Klopp together although I could have bad memory also. :clown_face:

1 Like

I feel for @Draexnael :rofl:

1 Like

I’m past him, saw he scores loads of pens. I’m all back on board with Bowen!

Bowen + Carvalho to replace Origi and Minamino would be just lovely.

I am 100% sure Minamino is not going anywhere in the summer.

Need to upgrade on Origi and bring in one midfielder to replace Milner.

1 Like

These two could actually be the primary summer targets. I’d expect a quality midfielder, though. That particular area of the team will likely see an overhaul of sorts over the next two years, likely depending on Jones’ and Elliott’s progress.

1 Like

I think this depends on what offers come in, and whether he is up for a move.

1 Like

Totally agree on the midfielder, sorry I was talking just about forwards.

My gut feels it’s going to be Tchouaméni, which would be fantastic.

I think Origi will need replacing by someone similar, not a static number 9/CF but maybe a little more like a Jota cover. An option as a CF who can also cover wide but gives us someone a little more like a traditional CF. The one I’d go for to fill that role would be Adam Hlozek. Young, talented, full of potential. Source of goals, quick if not quite as quick as Salah and Mane, but also an option to bring a little more height to our attack as that’s sometimes useful.

Carvalho would maybe sign to replace Minamino as that kind of in between midfielder and attacker who can do a job in multiple roles (quicker than Minamino) but may grow into a more consistently used player whereas Minamino doesn’t seem like he’ll achieve that.

Other than that we are down to just replacing anyone that goes.

I’m “hoping” that Ox and/or Keita find a new home this summer as I can’t see either being consistent enough in performance and availability to earn an extension on terms they wouldn’t reject so I think it’ll be sell this summer or lose for free a year later. If one goes I’d be bringing in a more defensive minded CM/DM who can be a solid 8 for when we expect tough games and cover Fab at DM. If both go I’d also bring in an AM option for when we really want an out and out attacking presence in midfield.

Then you’d have Fabinho/new DM at the base, Thiago/Jones at LCM and Henderson/Elliott at RCM. Add to that Morton as a contingency player for deeper roles and a new CAM for when we want to set up 2-1 in CM instead of 1-2.

Then the only issue is if Salah, Mane or Firmino need replacing.

The better one

We’ve got a lot of players to either , or move on including much of our forward line.

1 Like

User name and content in tune here

2 Likes

It was actually an incomplete post that was posted. We need to extend players or move them on.

Too many expiring contracts in 2023.

If it means we need to make tough choices this summer… Then we have to regarding Mane, Firmino, Ox, Keita… Origi (if his option is exercised). Even Salah… We need a decision. We can’t allow that amount of talent to leave on a free.

Who we extend will determine who we buy.

1 Like