Who would you buy?

Out:
Firmino, Origi, Wilson, Shaqiri, Grujic, Ojo, Woodburn, Awoniyi, Matip, Davies, Phillips, R Williams, Adrian

In:
Konate, Kabak, Martinez (just because), Sarr, Elliott (back from loan), Joao Felix (perhaps in the deal taking Firmino to Atletico).

Squad:

GK: Alisson, Kelleher, Grabara
Def: TAA, N Williams, Gomez, VvD, Konate, Kabak, Robbo, Tsimikas
Mid: Fabinho, Martinez, Thiago, Henderson, Keita, AOC, Jones, Milner
Forwards: Sarr, Elliott, Felix, Salah, Mane, Jota

UEFA squad:

List A: Alisson, VvD, Konate, Kabak, Robbo, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Martinez, Thiago, Keita, Sarr, Felix, Salah, Mane, Jota (15/17)
Club Trained: Kelleher, TAA, Gomez, Grabara
Association Trained: Henderson, Milner, AOC
List B: Jones, Elliott, N Williams etc

2 Likes

Nah, he’s not a LB. Leeds have been linked with Borna Sosa from Stuttgart, who plays as LWB in a back 3 over there.

2 Likes
1 Like

I bet he wishes he was injured for tonight’s game.

1 Like

Wow, is it possible that Henderson missed just two games less than Keita?! I remember thinking “it’s been a while since his last injury” when he came off against Everton. Maybe my memory is hazier than usual…

1 Like

Auoar would be awesome. Think he would be available for 30 million.

1 Like

This is a shocker. I can’t imagine him being injured that much.

2 Likes

I think Milner missed a big chunk of this season which may have pushed his numbers up.

I cant believe Gini has only missed 4 games…

1 Like

They all had their own issues, even Millie.

Gini is the one who was practically never injured during his time here. That’s one of the things I must give him credit for, even if I’m not a fan of his, availability and injury record.

No doubt we need a player of similar qualities he provided in the last 3 years or so. Someone also in good age, with years ahead and who can play a lot of football. That’s a must.

3 Likes

I know it’s a wish list, but if we are signing two new attackers, shouldn’t one of them be a #9 type?

1 Like

I don’t see why. We’d have at least three players that could still play through the middle as a no.9 (Salah, Mane, Jota). Sarr and Felix have also played as a no.9 as well so we’d have plenty of options without trying to sign an out and out no.9 who tend to be less versatile.

I think he means that a more traditional #9 may be more clinical in front of goal, or provide different types of threats (such as from set pieces) than the other more versatile forwards

1 Like

In which case I will respectfully disagree :wink:

I mean, who would that even be for us?

2 Likes

Players like Tielemans, Neves (could name a few more) our Klopp project was at a too early stage to sign them before they came to England. World class potential but too inexperienced. 'No time‘ to develop them.

Now that our squad is at a more advanced stage think we can afford (not talking about money) to bring in players like Camavinga and similar.

In that context I have to point out how important it is to have someone like Thiago. Bet Curtis will learn so much from him.

2 Likes

Jota can play as a #9. He should be starting when fit anyway imo

Mbappe ‘can see himself’ at Liverpool amid PSG exit rumours (football365.com)

its obviously a lock

3 Likes

We need to start the conversation with who to sell.

Outgoing:
GK Adrian
CB Matip
CM Keita
CM Oxlade-Chamberlain
CM Wijnaldum on FREE
AM Shaqiri
CF Awoniyi
CF Origi
CF Firmino
W Mane IF buying Mbappe or Sancho

Incoming:
Backup GK
CB Konate
CM Bissouma choice A or Neuhaus choice B
W Jadon Sancho choice A or W Raphinha choice B
CF Mbappe choice A or Darwin Nunez choice B

The backup GK could be any one with decent current ability and some ability to improve. Not super important since Alisson will be playing 90% of our important matches.

1 Like

There is a separate thread fot this.

1 Like

I came here for the Mbappe rumours

3 Likes

I’m going to be a little foolish and say we will get CL Football (this brings a guaranteed £53mil for the group stages). I’m also (for this posts sake) assume the reports are true and despite losses to covid the Red Bird investment will allow us to spend the original budget we would have had.

That to me would have been around £75mil transfer budget + £53mil from CL = £128mil summer budget before sales.

Out
Gini - Free
Wilson - £10mil
Origi - £10mil
Keita - £20mil
Shaqiri - £10mil
Phillips - £10mil
Adrian - Free

Total incoming - £50mil from sales = £188mil transfer kitty.

In
Konate - £35mil
Kabak - £19mil
Tielemans or Bissouma - £50mil
Sancho - £70mil
Backup keeper - ??

Total outgoing - £174mil.

1st 11;

Alisson

Trent – Konate – Van Dijk – Robbo

Tielemans – Fabinho – Thiago

Sancho – Salah – Jota

Backup 11

New

Williams – Gomez – Kabak – Tsimikas

Oxlade – Henderson – Jones

Elliot – Bobby – Mane

You can swap Ox or Keita, I’d expect one of them to leave personally. Matip/Milner clearly squad options also.

1 Like